Go Bottom Go Bottom

Long 610 diesel 2-wheel tractor does not start

View my Photos
jdawkins
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2022-07-16          201222

Working on a Long 610 diesel that has not been running for some time. There is fuel to the injector pump but none after that. I suspect the shut-off is stuck in the off position. The shut-off lever on top of the pump moves freely but does not feel as though it is moving the internal switch. Does anyone have a suggestion about freeing up the internal switch? Thanks for any help.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
bert4711

2022-07-25          201237

The injector pump may have fuel but still be air locked. Crack open the injector lines at the pump and crank the engine till fuel leaks from each line connection. Emitting pure diesel, no air bubbles. If no diesel appears it could be the shut off mechanism or pump failure.. If diesel appears with authority, close the nuts tightly at the pump and go to the injectors at the head and loosen the line nuts there. Crank the engine till diesel squirts from under the nuts at the injectors. if so, tighten them and engine should start. Air in the injector pump and lines will prevent a start. Did it run out of fuel last time it ran? You have to bleed air from the injector circuits every time it is run out of fuel. ....

View my Photos
jdawkins

2022-07-25          201238

It is an old, not running tractor so I dont know the history. We have fuel to the injector pump but absolutely none after. The shutoff looks like it's in the run position but I dont know if it is activating the actual shutoff inside the pump or stuck on the off position. Is it possible to access it by opening the pump cover? ....

View my Photos
bert4711

2022-07-25          201239

I should have suggested this before the previous post. There should be a "bleeder port" on the pump at some point close to the highest part of the pump internal cavity. Open it and hand pump the "tank to injector pump" fuel pump (if there is one) to fill the injector pump cavity. I am not familiar with long tractors but suspect it has a Perkins engine. Is the injector pump an inline or radial unit? ....

View my Photos
kpackk

2022-08-18          201277

I can’t post pictures here out of the manual for the pump.
If there’s a way to PM me with your email I’ll glady send you what you need. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login