Go Bottom Go Bottom

2260 long 3 point dose not work

View my Photos
tinker
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2022-04-20          200975

my 3point on my 2260 long trys to lift dose not get far then will not lift at all. have drained oil and cleened strainer and some valves. have not refilled yet . do not no if i need to pull plug under tractor rearend to . or is it filled sepert. the 3 point has ben slow sense i got the tractor a few years ago.this is my first total drain of hydro.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Smitty2

2022-05-16          201013

If you have a loader does the tractor loader is work properly? If so, this rules out a pump problem.

If the loader is not working, could be a pump issue. Pump damage can occurr when someone unhooks the hoses while the tractor is running. Doing that kills the pump.

Next It could also be a problem with the oil supply, of oil, dirty screen or filter. If these are all good you may need to remove the pump and inspect it for damage

Next check the linkage going to the valve. Check to see that a pin or rod has not fallen out and that the lever moves to the valve.

If still not diceyou may have a bad three-point control valve. ....

View my Photos
colt0380

2022-05-17          201026

my Kubota has a valve under the seat to control the speed of the rear attachments ....

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2022-05-17          201027

No idea on that model but it could have a valve to control the lift. Does the tractor have both a lift and a draft control? If so the draft control is probably not set correctly. If you have draft control it will have two levers for the lift. Unless you are plowing or such ground engagement equipment draft is normally set to highest setting.

When you drained the oil, you did fully drain it correct? What did the oil look like? Did it have water in it, if so that will affect the lifting ability as the tractor heats up, did you find any metal pieces in it?

Longs are not complicated tractors, but no idea on parts for them since the basically closed at least in the USA. Left the dealers holding a bad. Not sure that was Long or just the USA Long people. For their price they seem to hold up well,. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login