Go Bottom Go Bottom

Hydraulic top link for 3-point hitch

View my Photos
Bird Senter
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

1999-07-30          6439

Does anyone know of an easy (and not too expensive) way to replace the original top link on a B2710 3-point with a hydraulic top link so the length could be quickly and easily re-adjusted from the driver's seat?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Jack in IL

1999-07-30          6448

I have had two made for different tractors. A hydraulics shop started from a standard hydraulic cylinder and welded Category I top link swivel ball joints directly to small extension plates and then welding these assemblies to the cylinders. The extensions are needed to provide clearance at the tractor and implement connections. I connect these cylinders to auxiliary hydraulic outlets at the rear which are controlled by a valve and lever near the operator. Cost for each cylinder was about $200. Rear hydraulic outlets were already there. ....

View my Photos
Bird Senter

1999-07-31          6468

I appreciate it, Jack, but the B2710 doesn't have the hydraulic outlets at the back and my dealer tells me that is not a Kubota option on the 2710. Of course, I figure there has to be a way to add them. ....

View my Photos
Roger L.

1999-07-31          6471

I have toyed with the idea of making a hydraulically adjustable top link for years. To make installation even easier, it could be poweredby a small and simple hand pump mounted on the same upright that holds the loader controls. It would only take a few strokes to adjust thelength of the top link, and it has the advantage of being isolate from the rest of the hydraulic system. Anyone who might be interested in such adevice let me know. If there is enough interest we could get together and build some up. Roger L ....

View my Photos
David

1999-08-01          6500

If your Kubota has provisions to tap the hyd system for a loader adding a remote is easy. All you do is tap in where the loader hyd hook up and add a double acting control valve with hoses and quick disconnects. Hyd toplinks are commerically made and available in several sizes. If you are interested in pricing for control valves or toplinks email me. We are a dealer and install these all the time. Affordable Equipment 864-859-2623 ....

View my Photos
Bird Senter

1999-08-01          6509

Roger's idea sounds real good just for the adjustable top link, but the idea of having the hydraulic quick coupler at the rear of the tractor for other uses also appeals to me even more. An e-mail message to David is enroute. ....

View my Photos
Roger L.

1999-08-02          6531

Bird, not having aux. hyd. is not a problem. Basically you can tie into the loader high pressure line almost anywhere. Jack suggesteda ploace where you can do it simply by buying threaded parts. Then you lead the high pressure to another set of control valves andyou bring the return line to tie into the existing return. To avoid confusing the the system with two variable pressure low pressurereturn lines you can use a two one-way valves or a manual switch. Since you will be setting the 3 point and leaving it, I'd just do itthe simple way and use a shut off valve on the 3-point cylinders return line. Roger L ....

View my Photos
Bird Senter

1999-08-02          6534

I appreciate the help and comments. I'm still waiting for delivery of my 2710 to see what kind of hydraulic block it has for the loader, and to measure the top link, determine a suitable place to mount remote quick couplers, etc. and waiting to see what Affordable Equipment has in the way of material to do this job. ....

View my Photos
Tom

1999-10-12          8730

I have a small Kubota B7300 and added a hyd. top link and also a hyd. side link to it The idea is about a thousand yr. old. With the hyd. top link you have instant pitch adjustment wich makes the rear blade an amazing peice of equipment. With the cyl. retracted the blade will float very easy like for spreading mulch and the like. With the cyl. extended a certain degree the bit of the blade increases dramatically for digging in hard pan. Also when pilling dirt into a tall pile you can pull the rear imp. up to clear climbing.I have also added a cyl. in the place of the adjustable side link for blade tilt for cleaning out ditches and such. I put a two spool valve on the rops bolts next to my right arm. the valve for the side link has the float option wich works perfect for spreading gravel on my lane. I plumbed the valve bank into the line that goes from the front loader to the 3 pt. sys. I have done a lot of other mods. to the little critter that makes it real handy. Any ques. pse e mail. ....

View my Photos
croaker

2015-04-09          192521

I have a B8200 I would like to put a hydraulic top link on it. Could you please point me in the right direction.

Thank you

Croaker ....

View my Photos
yocsr1
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2015-04-10          192522

I just bought a hydraulic top link for my foton 404. I ordered it from argri store, they have the whole package. It came with the top link hoses and quick connects for $265.00 including shipping. They have cheaper cylinder but I went with the one with check valves which eliminates drift. I believe if you tie in to pressure side of the loader valve you might need to install a power beyond valve. ....

View my Photos
yocsr1
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2015-04-10          192523

Agristore USA.com is the website and you can see everything. They have a toll free number on the site. The local number is 317-329-5080 and they can help you with everything you need. Everyone who has a hydraulic top link says it's the best inexpensive addition they could have ever made! ....

View my Photos
candoarms

2015-04-12          192537

Croaker,

SurplusCenter.com is a great source for anything dealing with hydraulics or power transmission.

I've posted a link to a Category 1 hydraulic toplink below. You will also find valves, hoses, couplers, outlets, etc....anything else you might need at SurplusCenter.com.

Hope this helps.

Joel ....

Link:   Cat 1 Hydraulic Toplink

View my Photos
croaker

2015-04-12          192541

Thank you for your help. I am going to email for a quote.

Croaker ....

View my Photos
JAZAK5

2015-04-13          192550

have you looked at ASC "agri supply" ??
they list hydraulic top links #39539/84745/67465/ and the self contained top link #76380 ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login