Go Bottom Go Bottom

Kubota B21 Not Starting

View my Photos
Bill B.
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2001-10-07          32267

Hi Folks,I'm using a loaner B21 and it will not start. Since the dealer I got it from is closed on the weekend, I thought I'd check this list.I clutched and turned the ignition key. The left battery light comes on, and the right fuel pump (?) comes on. Turning the ignition key further the center curly que light comes on. Of course, still further I engage the switch spring, but nothing happens. There are no clicking as an auto will do when the battery is almost discharged.I've even cleaned removed the battery cables from the battery and cleaned them and the posts as they were fairly corroded.Am I missing something? I'm brand new to small tractors and I realize I don't know what all to try. I thought I'd try someone here so I can at least try to get some use of the tractor this weekend.Thanks for your help.Bill B.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Kubota B21 Not Starting

View my Photos
Bird Senter

2001-10-07          32268

Bill, I'm just not familiar enough with the B21, but in addition to depressing the clutch, is the PTO disengaged? Is the range selector lever in neutral? Usually all those things are necessary for the starter to engage. ....

Kubota B21 Not Starting

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2001-10-09          32321

I guess I was off this weekend but Bird is right that the range lever needs to be in nuetral. ....

Kubota B21 Not Starting

View my Photos
Bill B.

2001-10-12          32369

Bird, Art and others,
Thanks for your help. It was the PTO lever. It had dropped into the engaged position. I could not get it up out of the position. However, after "working" with it, it finally moved back up, and the tractor started right up. I managed to get out the stump I've been trying to dig out by hand for months. Now I've got to return the loaner for my B20.

Thanks again for all of your help.

Happy Trails,

Bill Bussey ....

Kubota B21 Not Starting

View my Photos
Our1Place

2012-03-18          182792

I have simular problem, probably easy fix? I turn on ignition, red light and glow-plug comes on. It will not start or make a sound. If I jump a starter the 2 wires, it starts but alternator light stays on while running

Kubota B21 Not Starting

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2012-03-19          182799

No idea right off on the alternator light but have you checked all the safety switches on your tractor? I think correct on these: one under seat and yes it needs weight on it; one for range, gear shift and pto levers. Also one for clutch and it must be depressed. I have found small sticks being the way of the ones for levers. They are there for I think two reasons, law suits and real safety. My recommendation is find the fault and repair.

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login