Go Bottom Go Bottom

BX2230 Hydro pedal won t return to center position

View my Photos
WhitleyStu
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2015-07-06          193072

I have never had any problems with the hydro pedal sticking on our 2005 BX2230 (700 hours) until while tilling the garden. I was making the last pass and coming out of the end of the garden then almost hit the fence at the end when the pedal was stuck in the forward position. I had to step really hard on the back of the pedal to get the tractor stopped. I had been tilling for approximately an hour without any pedal issues when this occurred. I checked for dirt in the linkage, but it was clean. I always grease the pedal pivot and it was OK too. I disconnected the dampener, but pedal still moves very hard. I shot WD40 on all of the linkage parts to no avail. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
WhitleyStu
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2015-07-06          193073

Well, after a shower and supper I decided to start disassembling and removing the linkage completely, more than I did yesterday. I found a roller bearing that was inside two butterfly shaped plates on the right side of the transmission. Cleaned up the bearing then reassembled all the linkage parts and now the hydro pedal returns to center perfectly. I hope this fix lasts. At least I know how the linkage works and what it is comprised of. ....

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2015-08-10          193291

Glad you found it!

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login