Go Bottom Go Bottom

Kubota L4400D will not turn over

View my Photos
BigBlueCat57
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2013-10-06          188082

Guys,

After running my tractor for about an hour it acted as if it weren't getting fuel. I'd step on the pedal but it would sputter. If I stopped and waited until the next day it would run good for about an hour again. I decided to check the fuel filter and have not been able to get it to turn over since. Tank is full of diesel. It cranks but will not start. I replaced the filter cleaned the bowl and made sure it is on properly. What can be the problem?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
gaspur

2013-10-06          188084

What are the chances that air may have gotten into the fuel lines? Did You cut the fuel back on after cleaning the filter? These are some of the things I've done before. ....

View my Photos
BigBlueCat57

2013-10-07          188085

Turned the fuel shut off back on. Bowl immediately filled with fuel. So, that is not the problem. Air is a possiblity but what do I do to purge air from the lines? ....

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2013-10-08          188091

BigBlueCat57,

I'm leaning toward the possibility that your fuel shutoff solenoid coil has probably got an open circuit.

Loosen a fuel injector line and see if you have fuel while cranking the tractor. If not, it's highly likely that your fuel shutoff coil is bad.

Hope this helps.

Joel ....

View my Photos
BigBlueCat57

2013-10-08          188092

Got online and determined how to purge the air from my lines. Tractor will start now. Thanks to gaspur! Candoarms,are your suggestions related to the odd issue I have after an hour or so of using the tractor? It begins to act as if it is not getting fuel when I press the accelator pedal. ....

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2013-10-08          188093

BigBlueCat57,

I don't believe that your solenoid would cause the tractor to act like it is losing power when depressing the throttle.

The fuel solenoid is powered by nothing more than an electrical coil. After hundreds of heat-cool cycles, the copper wires in the coil will begin to crack.

In most cases, when the coil finally goes, your tractor may start, but not run for long. This is because the fuel solenoid coil is composed of two coils...one for starting....one for running.

Not sure where to start on the problem you're having, but it sure sounds like a nearly plugged fuel filter to me.

Glad you have it running again. Let's see if we can figure out the other issue. Stay in touch.

Joel

View my Photos
kthompson

2013-10-09          188103

Bigbluecat5, check for floating trash in the fuel tank. A floating piece will get sucked to the fuel outlet as it runs and will when fuel flow stops (cutting if off) slowing vacuum will release and the trash can float, allowing fuel out for it to run again. You can test this if it runs till it cuts off by removing filter and seeing if fuel runs freely.

I would also check air intake system. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login