Go Bottom Go Bottom

3 point hitch

View my Photos
mdpinh
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2013-03-07          186331

Hi I have L 3010 kubota want to make rig with forks to lift palits of firewood . Does anyone know how much weight
can be lifted so as not break anything

Mark

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

3 point hitch

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2013-03-07          186332

That model had a 2200 lb rating at 24" behind the pins. ....

3 point hitch

View my Photos
mdpinh

2013-03-07          186333

Thanks Art, thats a big help ....

3 point hitch

View my Photos
Oldestguy

2013-03-07          186335

There probably is no problem, but take that load at 24" from pins and multiply times the load rating there to get lever foot inches (technically this is called maximum moment). Then, take the distance from the center of your load (say it is 50 inches) to the pins and divide that into that foot inch moment number. Then you get the actual maximum lift load you can expect to lift. the farther out that load sits, the less you can lift. ....

3 point hitch

View my Photos
Oldestguy

2013-03-07          186336

I see my language was not good. At 50 inches out, divided into the moment of 52,800 "#. gives 1,056 pounds max for that setting. ....

3 point hitch

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2013-03-12          186380

The lift capacity is the amount (located in the center of the bucket, or typically 2' aft of the rear lift arms) it's expected to lift before it just gives up and sits there. It is not the amount above which something is expected to break. ....

3 point hitch

View my Photos
Oldestguy

2013-03-12          186383

"2' aft of the rear lift arms"

That does not seem to match the wording of the specs, which say "24" from the pins".

I don't believe the ends of lift arms usually have pins. In my view the "pins" are at the inboard ends of the lift arms on the tractor body. Thus that capacity in the specs is more likely at the ends of the lift arms, assuming they are 24" long. It is not another 24 inches farther out.

Not knowing what a user will attach to the 3 point, the designers have to go by some known point that is obvious. They could get even more technical and tie capacity to the shorter arms that lift the lift arms.

There is one other factor that may come into play. If someone has somehow reduced the weight of the tractor itself, especially forward, and his hydraulic system has a stuck high pressure relief, lifting a heavy rear weight can raise up the front end of the tractor. My small BX Kubota has such 3 point lift capacity that grubbing some bushes, I had to add some weight out front to keep from lifting the front end off the ground for the stubborn stuff. And yes, nothing broke.

The reverse is true if you have a front bucket with good lift capacity, you can raise up the rear end trying to lift a big weight by the bucket. Not good on a side hill situation. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login