Go Bottom Go Bottom

More lift power

View my Photos
mdpinh
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2013-01-04          185857

Thanks for the Info on the releif valve. One other thing, the rear tires were fill for weight. Should there be room for air presure? they were if fill to top. That does not seem right to me.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

More lift power

View my Photos
taogden
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2013-01-04          185866

Yes, you will have room for air. The fill level you indicated is correct, there is no way to get one completely full.
If you are not the person who put it in, there is a concentration level which will prevent freezing, I would check to see what it is.
Lastly, if you get a leak in your tire, have it completely removed and dry the rim and tub, the fluid used is very corrosive and will eat a hole in the rim. ....

More lift power

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2013-01-06          185883

Any commecial installers pumps over fill before an alert service man normally catches it. You may only have an extra gallon or so and it is easy to drain off. MAke sure you have a air compressor standing by to pump the tire back up! ....

More lift power

View my Photos
kthompson

2013-01-07          185889

A question, if he safe to bleed that fluid off with tractor weight on it? ....

More lift power

View my Photos
Art White

2013-01-08          185901

We often just drain where we are if needed. We do remove the large core do to the volumne of air as well as liquid and be sure to hang on to it well. Plastic gloves should keep you safe enough!

do you know what is in them? ....

More lift power

View my Photos
taogden

2013-01-08          185912

Calcium Chloride ....

More lift power

View my Photos
Art White

2013-01-09          185920

I wouldn't jump the gun as to what is in those tires as we were using rim gaurd at that time..

Yes the new pumps will stand the tires up to near full. By that I mean they will stand on the tread centers without air! ....

More lift power

View my Photos
taogden

2013-01-10          185921

Art, thanks for the info on rim guard, first I have heard of it, going to check local prices.
A 2009 entry on another site had it at 3.30/gal ....

More lift power

View my Photos
Murf

2013-01-10          185922

We rarely filled tires, too much hassle for too little benefit.

But when we did we filled them with plain old windshield washer fluid. It's completely safe if spilled, won't ruin the rims and is only ~$1 / gallon.

Best of luck. ....

More lift power

View my Photos
auerbach

2013-01-14          185954

Filling to the top can stress tires when driving (rather than crawling) over bumps (especially is carrying a load) because liquid is non-elastic. And a second purpose of ballasting is to lower the center of gravity, and some tractor rears are pretty high at the top.

Common practice is filling to about the top of the rim. There are various methods of assuming when it's reached there, and tire guys know these tricks.

With CaCl, unless the valves are non-corroding, I'd have them replaced before they fail and leak (which they will in time). ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login