Go Bottom Go Bottom

Kubota

View my Photos
Wertibnm2
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2012-05-30          183690

I was hoeing if anyone had any advice on what kubota i should buy. I have a 53 acre lot. My plan is to mow the pastures and i would also like a front loader. Any ideas?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Kubota

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2012-05-30          183691

The 53 acres, how much of it will you mow and how often. Will it be a lawn type cut or rough cut? If mowing is all you will be doing how much is time valued compared to price of machinary. Bigger machines can mow faster but cost more. What will you be using the front end loader for. Same type info for that: size of load you want to move and how often how much.

As a side note do you live there? If not will you be trailering the tractor or storing it? If trailering it what size load can you haul or if storing is there a size limit to it for the tractor? ....

Kubota

View my Photos
Wertibnm2

2012-05-31          183709

I will be mowing 47-50 acres of the lot. Also i have not thought about rough cut vs. lawn type cut. I do not live there and transporting will not happen. I will mow every 6 weeks. There is no size limit for the tractor. The front loader will be primarily used for landscape work. ....

Kubota

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2012-06-01          183720

Look at the MX 5100 for a good tractor to start with. ....

Kubota

View my Photos
billtreat

2012-06-01          183722

I have an L3410 real happy with it. Cadillac of the tractors, Loader, Gannon box, Back hoe attach., mower pto, Disc, Roto tiller, Post hole attach., Ring roller. I get $55.00 per hour for it and me two, 2 hour minimum. Made A stabilizer for it for the back hoe, holds no weight and no lift. If you get stuck use the bucket to back out, it will push, use the wheels in reverse two. Dont use two many rippers at one time, has to do with psi. Bought the tractor when it had 125 hours now have 537. Use a water filter and a by pass oil filter it helps. Do not let the dealer add hydraulic fluid unless it is filtered first, just because it is new does not mean it is clean. I added dumbell weights on the tiller, it helps, hard facing on the runners two. You can add rotors, clutch, disc or something else from a truck for weight. I shift without the clutch . Made a hydraulic system for the rippers, got tired of always having to engage them. Added tubes to the front tires to prevent them from blowing off on hill sides using the bucket. Made a roll cage with side curtains, got tired of being hit in the face with poison oak and branches. Also added a place for beer, water that is, toilet paper too for those special occasions. On bottom of the bucket was added a 5 inch wide center section from a John Deer cat to prevent wear and U shaping of the bucket. Added a 2x2 square tubing to the top of the bucket for strength and hooks. It works. Also a horn, back up alarm, lights, fan, radio were also added.
But i dont have a pink brass strippers poll, yet that is. Have fun. ....

Kubota

View my Photos
auerbach

2012-06-01          183727

To consider equipment to mow 50 acres, I'd talk to some municipal or golf-course contractors or managers. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login