Go Bottom Go Bottom

My BX2350 does not stop when forward pedal is released

View my Photos
TractorJon
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-10-05          174361

My BX2350 is in the shop for the second time; it does not stop when the forward pedal is released. It is particularly a problem on a slope; the tractor just keeps on going uphill. It is really dangerous because if I'm working in close quarters and loading a truck, the tractor will run right into it. I have to hit the reverse pedal to stop the tractor. Putting on the brakes doesn't work. It gets worse when I'm using the front loader because with this tractor you have to rev the throttle up to raise the loader.

The first time the dealer had the tractor for several weeks communicating with Kubota headquarters. They fixed the problem supposedly, but it started doing it again.

Anyone experiencing this problem? Seems to me there should be a safety recall on this tractor.

Thanks!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-10-05          174363

Quote:
Originally Posted by TractorJon | view 174361
[QUOTE=TractorJon;174361] My BX2350 is in the shop for the second time; it does not stop when the forward pedal is released.

Seems to me there should be a safety recall on this tractor.Thanks! [/QUOTE]

Well, your tractor is the first one I've ever heard of doing that.

Maybe they should just recall your one tractor.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-10-05          174364

I won't give any advise being I'm not Kubota person, but have a question. Does the forward pedal come up to normal neutral position and the tractor keeps going or does the pedal stick down?
Frank. ....

View my Photos
TractorJon

2010-10-05          174368

Great Question - thanks. It comes up to the neutral position, but the tractor keeps going. Also, this only occurs when I'm slowing releasing the pedal to neutral.

Interestingly, when the dealer sent out their technician to see if the pedal linkage needed adjusting, he tested the tractor on my driveway slope. He came back, parked the tractor and simply said that I should call the shop and have the tractor taken in. When I went to the dealer, the receptionist said that the tech said that the tractor was "possessed". I just spoke to the dealer and they are back in conversation with Kubota; they still don't know what to do. The first time this happened, they torn down the transmission and replaced a bushing. That was when the tractor had 60 hours. 30 hours later the behavior is back. ....

View my Photos
TractorJon

2010-10-05          174369

The Kubota dealer told me that this is the first time he has seen something like this. If it cannot be fixed, I'm hoping that they will give me a good trade in value and I'll get a real tractor with a clutch! ....

View my Photos
bristan8

2010-10-06          174375

Tractor Jon. I have a kubota B2320 which does a similar thing.
If you let the pedal up slowly the tractor keeps moving and sometimes I have to hit the reverse pedal to stop it. It does the same in reverse and I have to hit the forward pedal to stop it. It seems worse when going uphill and pulling hard. It is ok if I quickly drop my foot off the fully depressed position as it then fully returns to the stop position and doesn't "run on".
This seemed to happen after a transmission oil change when standard udt was put in to replace the super udt. My theory is the latest kubotas have been designed for use with super udt and possibly have finer tolerances. I find it a minor nuisance but since I can't get super udt to test my theory where I am located, I will just live with it for the time being.
Regards ....

View my Photos
TractorJon

2010-10-06          174377

bristan8,

You have described the behavior of my BX2350 exactly. On my original post, I didn't add the fact that it also does it in reverse and I have to hit the forward pedal to stop, or when I quickly release the forward pedal it doesn't want to continue running.

I am about to upgrade to a B2320 with a manual transmission. The dealer will accept my BX2350 as a trade in and will sell me the B2320 with loader for $9000, or $150/month with 0% financing. I can't trust that they will really fix the BX2350... ....

View my Photos
bristan8

2010-10-06          174410

Tractor John
I am quite happy with the b2320 otherwise. I am pretty sure it didn't do it with the original super udt transmission fluid. Maybe your kubota has just standard udt as kubota say that either fluid can be used . Interestingly they come out of the factory with super udt in the transmission according to my manual. Super udt is a thinner oil than standard udt which could explain why the pedal is sluggish to return with the udt in it. I have had a dealer look at it but it wouldn't do it when I tried to demonstrate which is usually the way. With all new models sometimes the buyer is the first to come across these problems and the dealers can be unaware of what is happening. I know my dealer hadn't heard about it before either.
regards. ....

View my Photos
2strongs
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2012-11-24          185535

I know this is an old post, but wondered if anyone finally was able to get a dealer to figure this out? I have a 2320 with the exact problem, pedal comes up and tractor keeps on truckin'. Reported it to them, they charged me a couple hundred bucks for this spring thing, that doesn't do anything but push the pedal up from reverse, which isn't the problem. Did verify that Super is being used as well, so that doesn't apply to mine. If anyone has any thoughts, that would be great. Quite dangerous plowing near things. ....

View my Photos
bristan8

2012-11-24          185538

2strongs
My 2320 is still doing it. I have given up on the dealer as he just keeps on saying the linkage needs greasing. I have greased and lubricated the linkage many times, and it is not that, as the pedal returns easily when the motor is not running. I have become used to it and hitting the opposite direction pedal has become automatic for me so, as I am the only one using the tractor, it is not really a major problem any more. If I release the pedal by taking my foot off quickly it will return quickly most times.
I had thought of fitting a stonger spring but this would be tiring for the foot when operating normally.
I find it mainly annoying when doing slow work when you want the pedal only partly depressed. Apart from this drawback I find the hydro transmission very good. I could write to the distibutor etc, but I suppose I find that would be more of a hassle than problem with the tractor
regards ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login