Go Bottom Go Bottom

Kubota BX Top and Tilt

View my Photos
AV8R
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-07-14          90904

Does anyone make a tip/tilt kit for the BX 3pt? Who, and how much $$?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Kubota BX Top and Tilt

View my Photos
beagle
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-07-14          90921

If this is a double post, ignore it. Not sure where my first answer went.

I'm not sure about the BX, but Kubota and Integrated Engineering both carry them for the B-Series. After finding out they wanted $825 for the rear remotes, and another $425 for the cylinders, I built my own for $450 including the rear remotes and cylinders. Works great, wouldn't want to have to be without it again. ....

Kubota BX Top and Tilt

View my Photos
Art White

2004-07-15          90947

There is no factory option at this time. ....

Kubota BX Top and Tilt

View my Photos
SethO
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-07-15          91006

Can you please give a breakdown of the components and cost of what you bought including the sources. ....

Kubota BX Top and Tilt

View my Photos
beagle

2004-07-15          91007

All the major hydraulic components were ordered from Surplus Center. The control valves are Prince, I can't remember the manufacturer of the cylinders. The quick connects are SafeWay. Hoses, fittings, etc were all ordered from Surplus Center.

The first step is to match the control valve size to the auxiliary hydraulic output of the tractor. I'm not that familiar with the BX, but I would think you would be looking for a valve set rated at about 8gpm. Be careful to size the valve properly so you don't restrict the flow, or end up with an enormous chunk of iron to mount. It also must have a Power Beyond Port. My remote set is plumbed off the Power Beyond of the FEL valve. I mounted the auxiliary valve to the loader tower and made custom handles for the valve to make the reach convenient. Mounting on the tower made connections for the Power Beyond, inlet, and outlet quite simple. The remote plugs are mounted on a bracket that bolts to the end of the rear axle casting. The holes are pre-drilled and tapped on the B-Series for a sub-frame. I believe thay were 8mm bolts. Sizing the cylinder for the side link was difficult, since you need a very short retracted length to allow room for the clevis ends. I fabricated my own side link clevis ends from 1/2" bar stock to match the pitch of the link. The top link was much easier since it requires a longer retacted length and weldable ends were available at TSC.

You need to check out your 3-point to get the retacted lengths of the cylinders right.

Control valve $154
Hoses, fittings $ 45
Quick Connects $ 50
Cylinders $200

Costs are approximate to the best of memory. Brackets, clevis ends, some hose and fittings came out of the home stock.
This was done on a B7800. You need to make sure the set up is appropriate for a BX model. ....

Kubota BX Top and Tilt

View my Photos
djborden

2012-02-21          182487

Beagle, I have. B7800 as well. Any chance you could provide part numbers or links to the parts you used or something equivalent?

You were the first person to describe the hydraulics in a way that I finally got the routing of the PB circuit. I'm now pretty comfortable I can do this myself.

David ....

Kubota BX Top and Tilt

View my Photos
bhaxel

2012-02-22          182526

Hey Beagle,

Would you be willing to post some pictures of your setup?

Thanks... ....

Kubota BX Top and Tilt

View my Photos
kthompson

2012-02-23          182548

guys some one else may can help but beagle has not been here in a while. Sorry. ....

Kubota BX Top and Tilt

View my Photos
hardwood

2012-02-24          182550

I haven't saw him around here much lately but Jeff (Earthworks) either bought or built one for his Ford quite a while ago. I don't think there would be much difference between brands so far as to what is needed to put one together. I did check with Deere when I got my 4310, in 99 or 2000 and the price scared me off, so I never pursued it any further.

Frank. ....

Kubota BX Top and Tilt

View my Photos
bhaxel

2012-02-24          182552

Sorry folks...Gotta remember to look at the dates on those posts! ....

Kubota BX Top and Tilt

View my Photos
DRankin

2012-03-04          182625

http://www.gearmore.com/gearmore/documents/items/Top__Tilt_Cylinders/TT0004-10_Top_TiltKits.pdf

Try Gearmore or rankineqco.com.

They are spendy buggers, but oh so nice for box scraper work.

They are not recommended for rear angling type blades.

Link:   

Click Here

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login