Go Bottom Go Bottom

L4310 with Hydrostatic transmission

View my Photos
dasowards
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2019-04-25          198358

L4310 w hydrostatic transmission, I am new to this tractor and linkage is not very smooth going in and out of neutral. My question ?? When lever is in the neutral position and I push on the forward reverse foot pedal this tractor moves, I thought when in neutral there should be no movement??
If this is incorrect is it more likely than not an internal issue or a linkage/ external ??? Is it a problem

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2019-04-25          198359

I am amazed that it would move as the range is gear and in or out

1 ....

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2019-04-30          198362

I too have a low hour 4310 at home as my own 'toy' as well as several in my fleet that work daily.

One of the quirks I've found with low hour units is that the linkage gets stiff, VERY stiff. The range selector, PTO engagement, even the 3pth lever (although to a MUCH lesser extent).

With the range selector though the linkage is primarily flat bars which when forced will bend slightly. You can actually deflect the linkage enough to make the selector look like it's in neutral when it's actually in the middle range.

The easy diagnosis is try shifting the range lever between L, M, and H, f it moves easily the linkage is merely out adjustment, if it doesn't move well, there's your problem.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
dasowards

2019-04-30          198363

Thanks for the response.
I am inclined to agree with you, that it’s a linkage adjustment issue. Somewhere I saw a picture of what the linkage positions should be when the transmission is in L, M, and H ranges. The manual talks about adjusting the neutral safety start switch but haven’t seen where it talks about adjusting the threaded part between medium and high. ....

View my Photos
dasowards

2019-04-30          198364

Thanks for the response.
I am inclined to agree with you, that it’s a linkage adjustment issue. Somewhere I saw a picture of what the linkage positions should be when the transmission is in L, M, and H ranges. The manual talks about adjusting the neutral safety start switch but haven’t seen where it talks about adjusting the threaded part between medium and high. ....

View my Photos
Murf

2019-04-30          198365

Does your range shifter move through the various positions easily and smoothly?

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
dasowards

2019-04-30          198366

Some times it does and other times not?

I have no mid range? With lever all the way back, push the foot pedal and tractor doesn’t move, with lever in neutral it moves, works fine in low and high.

Thinking that because it moves in the neutral position, that may be mid range. I don’t know.

Previous owners had linkage issues, complained and had numerous people operating the tractor.

View my Photos
Art White

2019-04-30          198367

I would disconnect your linkage and then see what you have by range by adjusting the lever at the transmission. Someone might have bent them or got them out of adjustment.

View my Photos
pinhmd

2019-05-01          198368

Hi,
You said it shifts hard sometimes. In most cases it might be the way you are shifting the tractor. It might sound stupid but it does make a difference . Try to get in the habit of holding the brake pedal down first then the clutch to shift the gear of your choice. With the HTS there is pressure on the gears if the tractor is not on level ground. ....

View my Photos
dasowards

2019-05-01          198369

Thanks, will give that a try!!! Yours shifts easily most every time?? ....

View my Photos
Murf

2019-05-01          198370

I think we're starting to confuse two different issues.

The first is the linkage, either out of adjustment or out of position, bent usually.From what the OP has mentioned I firmly believe that is the issue here. He mentioned not even having certain ranges.

The second issue is common to all HST tractor's not just certain Kubota's and that is gear binding.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
Art White

2019-05-01          198371

Good call Murf and it could be an air pressure issue that caused it! To test to see if he has axle wrap could help isolate the issue. Do do that drive with the four wheel drive engaged on paved or hard surfaces and see how it disengages when you stop. If it is difficult and you have to steer or raise the front with the loader then you need to balance the tire pressures. Typically I start with about 10 lbs of air in the rear. ....

View my Photos
pinhmd

2019-05-01          198372

Yes, my L3010 HST shifts smooth. Put the brake on first to shift. ....

View my Photos
Murf

2019-05-01          198373

When I posted earlier I was apparently caffeine deficient.

I meant to say I thought the OP's problem was linkage, and that the problem "pinhmd" was having was gear related. I've edited my post now to make it read correctly.

In the very first post the OP says "When lever is in the neutral position and I push on the forward reverse foot pedal this tractor moves...".

If you can drive the tractor around with the range selector in neutral there's a problem in the linkage that allows the lever to be in the neutral while the transmission in still in gear.

Sorry for the earlier confusion.

Best of luck. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login