Go Bottom Go Bottom

Kubota B7100 HST Flipped Will Not Move

View my Photos
Deseay
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2017-04-01          196461

I flipped my kubota on it's side
After letting it sit for 2 weeks it did start and run and hydraulics work raising and lowering the bucket and tiller but the hydro static transmission will not move the tractor forward or backwards

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Kubota B7100 HST Flipped Will Not Move

View my Photos
WillieH
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2017-04-03          196464

I am hoping that you were not pinned or injured in the process. That said, the B7100 was/is rather a simple designed tractor. Two things come to mind - First, and the easiest to check, is to make sure that all of the linkage is still intact. Too often, the ring pin locks, or pull pins will rust and ultimately break off. Then when you least expect it, the linkage will fall off and become disengaged. This might have happened as this is an older tractor. It might just have fallen off the lever pins. Check this first.

Second, it is possible, albeit a breathing system, to develop an air block in the hydraulic circuit. This would most likely be evident in the filter for the drive. Take the cover off of the HST housing where the filter is located. Open up the fill cap on the tranny housing (just unscrews). Place matting or rags under the tractor, and remove the filter. Have a new filter ready to replace. I usually "charge" my filters before installing, to prevent an air block. To charge the filter, merely pour clean HST oil in the filter, and allow to stand for half hour or so, to allow it to soak in.
Then reinstall the new charged filter onto the tractor. Start it, run it and check your fluid levels. Make sure not to over fill if needed.
This should take care of any air blockage that could have developed.

Good Luck - Hope this helps,

Willie H. ....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login