Go Bottom Go Bottom

Size Kubota for Homeowner Use

View my Photos
BigBoyBob
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2016-10-25          195902

Have 2 acres of lawn and snow removal on long drive. What new K shud I get?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
WillieH
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2016-10-25          195903

If you have ANY desire to do any type of work beyond what you see today, which you will once you have your orange, get a "B" series...stay away from the BX models as bottom clearance in minimal, weight is minimal, framing is minimal, etc.

When you are plowing snow, you will be happy that you a) have the extra clearance, and b) have the extra weight that a "B" series offers. - Just more "tractor" and more versatile than a "BX" series.
Hope this helps.
Best -
Willie H. ....

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2016-10-26          195906

For two acres it is hard to recommend a B as Willie has suggested but for his points he is far from wrong. The question is how much do you really need?
You could go to your local home Depot and buy a 54" deck and a 42" snowblower for it and not spend 3,000. and do it again in five years.
You could buy a GR but you can't have a loader! You could go to the BX which has been a great tractor when used right we have them with more then 5.000 hours doing fine..
The B-series is the bread and Butter of compacts, tough enough to do back forty work if you have the time!
What does happen if you go to bigger on the tractor you often loose maneuverability so then you might have to buy a dedicated mower or spend more time trimming.
Two acres is not an issue but you have to make sure things are in the right place! Find the smallest hole you need to go through and buy the largest deck that will make it! Then build around that! We all enjoy a nice yard, but there are times that you might not have time!
Things to remember, your yard at 2 acres with a 60 inch deck should only take you about an hour. So that means about thirty to fifty hours of use a year! Buy one loaded up with a backhoe and your neighbors might help you add to the hours!
I always tell people, like cars, it is easier to swap up then it is to swap down!!! ....

View my Photos
BigBoyBob

2016-10-26          195907

For the lawn the Zero Radius mowers are the fastest for sure, but how fast do I need to get done? Reason I am looking at bigger is that I have a flag lot so my drive is pretty long about 800 feet and while pretty straight it has enough pitch that I was thinking I need 4WD and not sure if a blower or not. ....

View my Photos
Art White

2016-10-27          195908

I'm in central NY where we get over 100 inches a year on the lighter years which may sound like a lot but it normally might only be a inch or two a day or maybe five or six and some times over night. You are 800 ft long and how wide? To be 10 ft wide you would be spotless with a 55 or 60 inch with two trips out to the end. That covers for a BX, is your driveway paved or dirt? To have a paved driveway it very well would have no build-up and no chains of any sort are needed. ....

View my Photos
BigBoyBob

2016-11-03          195926

Art the drive is paved 9 to 10 feet wide with one switch back that makes me think I will need chains even with a blower?

What is the upcharge to go with a B vs a BX getting 60 mid mower and 60 inch blower and loader?

And which has a better resale value down the road 10 years from now?

Thanks ....

View my Photos
Art White

2016-11-11          195935

Retail difference is about 3,300 on the tractor.. The resale with the Kubota's is very consistent from one end to the other. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login