Go Bottom Go Bottom

Kubota L2350 Clutch Problem

View my Photos
artlow
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-05-20          170972

My tractor is an L2350.

My clutch pedal does not return all the way to the up position when I take my foot off. It is not the pedal assembly, but rather the part that goes into the housing out of sight. It seems to be getting hung up on something, but will come back up if I lift it with my foot. I am using a stiff shock cord to pull the pedal all the way back. Not very good.

The clutch also doesn't seem to engage and disengage properly. I've tried adjusting the pedal one way or the other. If it fully disengages, it sometimes slips a little when I let it out. If it fully engages, it sometimes grinds the gears when I try to shift. I may have the pedal adjustment way out of whack.

It looks like it would be very hard to get at the innards to have a look. I'm pretty good at mechanical stuff if I can see what I'm doing and understand what I'm seeing. Any suggestions?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-05-21          170977

Sounds like it's time to buy a $ervice manual. ....

View my Photos
artlow
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-05-21          170991

Damn! I suspect that the whole problem could go away if I could just grease the clutch release bearing, but I'm having a miserable time just finding the grease nipple. Got the cover plate off (of course the front loader is very much in the way). Is that some kind of a cover plate I see? does that pull right out? I don't have a pair of pliers that will fit inside the port. Help! It shouldn't take 2 and a half hours just to service a grease nipple. ....

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-05-28          171162

Just had a tractor in that had the clutch linkage bound up from a mouses nest in the housing! Had to split it as he had tried to drive it and it was wound right into the pressure plate and clutch as well. He got to the point it wouldn't release the clutch! ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login