Go Bottom Go Bottom

Looking to buy B1700 opinions wanted

View my Photos
nick95rs
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-11-25          167037

I have been looking for quite some time now at tractors, and I think I finaly found one. I found a 1996 B1700DT, 4WD. It has 474 hours on it. It is a one owner, and it is at a Kubota dealer. It was traded in on a zero turn mower. They are asking $4500 for it. I would like to get opinions from anyone. Also what do I need to look for when I go look at the tractor. I was actually hopeing to find somthing with a little more HP, but it is a great deal. If I get it, I will but a loader for it, and I will use a 4' brush cutter with it. Thanks for any input, it is greatly appreciated.

Nick

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-11-26          167040

Any attachment easily pops onto most any tractor -- except for a loader. And a FEL is worth having. So I suggest you price parts and labor for the FEL, and then see what's available in already loader-equipped tractors. ....

View my Photos
nick95rs
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-11-26          167041

Sorry, I should have included that info. I found out that I can get a Kubota loader (LA302) for the tractor for $3100 +tax. That does not include installation though. I am mechanically inclined, so I beleive I will try to tackle it myself. I have not done much work on tractors, but done plenty of it on automobiles.

Nick ....

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-11-30          167087

Nick, I feel you are doing fine with prices and equipment. Although many of the older tractors don't seem to have the horsepower that they do today they work just fine.

The only place the horsepower will make a difference on is the PTO work or things like mowing and snow blowing.

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login