Go Bottom Go Bottom

B7200d engine seized- hole in oil filter

View my Photos
wannabe
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-09-29          166043

I spent a few thousand to get my engine running about a year ago.
It worked fine for awhile. The other day I was bush hogging and something put a hole in my oil filter. By the time I realized it there wasn't much oil left. I replaced the oil and filter but had to jump it to start. I ran it for a several minutes until and it started making a loud ticking/banging noise that I assume was a rod(s).
This is a mid 80's with >1000 hrs. Is it worth replacing/ fixing the engine or can I sell this as a project to someone who knows how to fix things?
Thnaks for the advice.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

B7200d engine seized- hole in oil filter

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-09-29          166045

So what do machines like yours with a blown engine go for?

I have a feeling it could a grand or more just for parts regardless of who buys it. Even if the guy is handy will it be worth what he pays you for it PLUS parts? Hard to say.

For grins and giggles I'd stop by a 'botty dealer and ask them what you could get on a trader-in.

My gut says unless there is someone who r-e-a-l-l-y, r-e-a-l-l-y wants that tractor you possibly won't get more than a few hundred for it. But you never know.

I'd try listing it on Craigslist. I'm in Michigan and have sold machines and equipment off there to guys as far away as Mexico, New York, Iowa and Wisconsin. And the best part is it's FREE! ....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login