Go Bottom Go Bottom

girl thing have L2250

View my Photos
inletwolf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-08-25          165236

just wnat to know...what is comperable model..not hung up on kubota..but need machine that pulls good and has great FEL...i have 10 acre farm...lots of mowing..moving hay bales..need great pto...cutting swales, etc...HELP>>PLEASE
this is NOT a girl thingg to have to learn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
my ram is already fulL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link:   help...girl thing

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

girl thing have L2250

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-08-25          165238

IMHO, 21 hp at the PTO isn't going to the job--well okay, it will but it will take longer. I feel you need at last 35 hp which would be a tractor two sizes up.

Unless you have 4x4 and you're cutting swales in sand or very loose dirt--forget it.

Any tractor brand will pull good, have a great PTO, etc., etc. It all boils down to what do you want to pay. ....

girl thing have L2250

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-08-25          165241

Welcome neighbor, I am just west of Conway.
One item you keep hearing people talk about is dealer support. In our general area you have John Deere both in MB and Loris. The one in MB is more lawn and small tractor where the one in Loris is more farm. There is Kubota and New Holland in Conway. There is a Kioti dealership in Aynor. Another dealership in Aynor (Rabon's on 501) who is clearing out Farm Trac and they will be honest on support. There is a dealership around Andrews but don't remember where nor the brand right off.

It has been a few years since I really shopped for a tractor but ended up with Kubota being bought out of town due to price difference. There is also the Case dealerships in Dillon and Stuckey but no idea if Case offers anything in that size range and both carry good reputations.

In the size you are asking about there probably is some used ones in the construction and lawn care business around. I would be very careful with those as to who was operating them and how.

The New Holland dealership in Conway is a large dealer with locations in Florence and one near Charleston. Both JD dealerships are larger than what you see there with other locations.

girl thing have L2250

View my Photos
kthompson

2009-08-25          165254

Do not know the model of it but there is compact John Deere for sale by owner with FEL and I think post hole auger on it about 5 miles from Conway on Hwy 905. Is on the left about 100 yards before Kingston Baptist Church. ....

girl thing have L2250

View my Photos
inletwolf

2009-08-28          165335

thank you for the info!!! and howdy nieghbor back!!!!
if you happen to run across a good used tractor around here do let me know....i am also thinking about just going over the one i have, so if you know of anyone dependable for service, let me know that too...i do not have a way to haul it and of course cannot do without for too terribly long
jean whitton ....

girl thing have L2250

View my Photos
inletwolf

2009-08-28          165337

hey again neighbor i know you sent me a private emai..i had it open and it disappearred...please will you resend???
jean ....

girl thing have L2250

View my Photos
kthompson

2009-08-29          165352

Jean, I don't know a tractor mechanic in Murrells Inlet area. I use Rabon's on Hwy 501 in Aynor. They work on most brands. Matter of fact the only time have need a tractor worked on they hauled it also but I am only 7 miles from them.

Just wondering, did you check on the John Deere out side of Conway on Hwy 905? The size tractor you are talking about would not cost much to have it hauled.

Keep an eye on Craigslist. I have seen a few small to mid size for sale with construction down.

As to the PM, I don't know if possible to resend. Think it was details on the dealerships in this area.

Kenneth Thompson ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login