Go Bottom Go Bottom

KubotaBX24 25 Vs MF GC2310TLB

View my Photos
schoolteach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-10-09          157147

MF GC2310TLB Vs. Kubota BX24/25TLB Any ideas which is the better tractor? Price is about the same. My home is on 3 acres and I plan to use this for moving compost and planting shrubs, along with occasionally digging waterline ditches 10" deep. I will not use it for mowing. Thanks in advance.
Teach

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-10-09          157152

Schoolteach,

If the price is about the same, I'd go with the Kubota. You'll find that Kubota has an excellent parts supply record.

So many of the other makes use parts gathered from manufacturers located all over the globe. Getting parts for some of those machines is like pulling teeth.

I'm not saying that MF doesn't have a good parts supply chain. It's just that so many of these tractors rely heavily on contracts......and these contracts frequently expire......or the manufacturers go belly up during the middle of a production run.

Kubota makes every part that goes into a Kubota tractor. You'll never have a problem finding filters, repair parts, replacement assemblies, or manuals. I don't know of any other tractor manufacturer who uses ONLY their own engines, drive trains, etc.

Until just recently, even the beloved Bob Cat used engines made by Kubota.

Joel ....

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-10-09          157154

Joel, are you sure that Kubota makes every part that goes into their tractors? That's very hard to believe, but there's no doubt that they make more of their own parts than other manufacturers. ....

View my Photos
candoarms

2008-10-09          157156

Kwschumm,

Kubota makes every one of their own parts. They don't make bolts, belts, filters, batteries, or tires......but they make nearly everything specific to their own tractors.

It's amazing......especially in this day and age......when nearly everything is made by some other outfit based in either in China, or India.

I don't want to mislead anyone however. Not all Kubota parts are available in the U.S. The tractor MUST be approved for export to the the U.S. before any part for that tractor can be purchased through Kubota USA dealers. If the tractor is not approved for the U.S. market, the parts supply chain DOESN'T EXIST. Grey Market tractors are not supported by Kubota, but they do make parts for them.

Joel ....

View my Photos
auerbach

2008-10-10          157166

Kubota's website lists their gray-market models. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login