Go Bottom Go Bottom

Loader bucket removal procedure on B7510 wit LA302

View my Photos
roaf3x
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-10-01          156963

I was wondering if anyone knows how to properly remove the bucket from my LA302 loader on a B7510. I assume that the 4 pins come out and the bucket slides out. I would rather hear from someone that has done this before I venture ino it. Are there any tricks ? precautions?

Thanks to all!!

RD

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-10-01          156970

The short answer, yes, remove all 4 pins and the bucket comes off.

The longer answer, get a couple of young men with strong backs & weak minds, a BFH (Big F***ing Hammer), a cold chisel about 1/2 the diameter of the pins, copious amounts of penetrating oil and a couple of cold adult beverages.

The process works like this;

Apply copious amounts of penetrating oil to all 4 'keeper' bolts that go through the pins cross-wise as and the pins themselves,

Remove the 4 'keeper' bolts from the pins,

Open an adult beverage and sit down while the young men use the BFH & chisel to beat first the 2 lower, then upper 2 pins out. Be very careful not to mushroom the head of the pin, doing so will make it nearly impossible to remove it.

If the bucket doesn't move after all 4 pins are out don't be too surprised, it may need a bit of coaxing. Use the FEL to apply some down pressure against a flat piece of ground while you roll the curl circuit as if you were dumping the bucket. As it starts to move back away slowly and it should release.

:)

Seriously, they can be a real PITA if you've never had it off before, and even a bigger PITA to put back on.

That's why most people, including yours truly, use a quick-attach system for changing buckets or FEL attachments.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
roaf3x

2008-10-01          156978

Thanks Murf;

I was laughing so hard I could barely type. It sounds like you have done this more than once. I will pre-soak for a week prior to removal. Plus find the BFH and chill all necessary adult beverages.
You should have been a doctor!

Cheers,

RD ....

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-10-01          156979

Quote:
Originally Posted by roaf3x | view 156978
Thanks Murf;I was laughing so hard I could barely type. It sounds like you have done this more than once. I will pre-soak for a week prior to removal. Plus find the BFH and chill all necessary adult beverages. You should have been a doctor! Cheers, RD

As to the doing it before...he just stayed at the Holiday Inn..

Very seriously, Murf is a doctor to those like me. Does make house calls even (via computer). kt ....

View my Photos
Murf

2008-10-01          156982

Quote:
Originally Posted by roaf3x | view 156978
... chill all necessary adult beverages. You should have been a doctor! Cheers, RD

Take two, you'll feel better in the morning! LOL

Yes, I have to admit, I have done it once or twice. ;)

Thanks for the kind words.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
JOHNWTHOMAS

2008-10-02          156999

Are you planning on putting it back on? I took mine off my B7800 one (1) time. Not saying it was easy to take off but was easy compared to putting it back on by myself. Get those guys to come back when you put it back on. Traded B7800 for L3240HST with quick attach bucket. Didn't have to give it much thought. ....

View my Photos
roaf3x

2008-10-03          157014

Duly noted. I am taking it off to replace it with a new bucket from ATI. I will get the quick attach from ATI on my next tractor which will be the 7800 or the 3030.

Cheers,

RD ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login