Go Bottom Go Bottom

Help Kubota B7800 Cracked Axle Case

View my Photos
John18522
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-06-04          154246

I cracked the right rear axle case on my Kubota B7800 HSD. Lost all the fluid.

(Before you ask how? the only thing I can think of is I did hit a hole, rut or something while full speed on one section of the property, enough to bounce me up out of the chair)

Since the axle runs through this piece I am not sure what all is involved in replacing this? So far I haven't been able to find a shop manual. Still looking... Any advise, or word of encouragement or warnings would be greatly appreciated.

I would attach a picture but not sure how?

Thanks,
John18522

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-06-05          154259

I'd doubt that you hit a bump that could have done it. If you have found a crack in the axle then okay. The other thing that might have had happened is there maybe a hydraulic leak that is leaking from a line above. I would be curious as to what would have caused it. Is the tractor less then three years old? ....

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-06-05          154287

John18522,

I've heard only one report of a broken axle housing on a Kubota B-Series tractor, and it was due to operator abuse.

The guy was cultivating near a slough, when he buried his tractor up to the axles. The cultivator was in the way, which made it impossible to hook a chain to the tractor's hitch. So.....the guy hooked the chain on the tractor's axle. Bad idea.

You don't have to tell us exactly what you did to break the axle housing, but it would be nice if you'd own up to the fact that it was due to operator error. Fair enough?

Joel ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login