Go Bottom Go Bottom

Kubota B7500 Oil filter cross reference

View my Photos
kandel
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-03-11          107796

I've got a 04 B7500 diesel with a midmount and front end loader. I'm looking for the cross reference for a fram or napa oil filter. It's too hard to get to my Kubota dealership. Can anyone help?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
cthonestguy

2005-03-11          107808

I wouldn't run anything but genuine Kubota filters especially for the hydro. Try WWW.Tractorsmart.com and order them online. The thing you need to remember with crossing filters is they may both have the same seal and fit but the filtration properties can be very different if an engine oil filter is the cross for a hydro filter. Stick with genuine IMHO. ....

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-03-12          107821

Most all dealers have 1-800 numbers if not on line and I can't think of any that don't have shipping ability so even your dealer should be able to help you. I don't like aftermarket filters for the reason listed in a previous post and only use them on disposable machinery or ones cycled out of our service often. ....

View my Photos
JAZAK5

2005-03-12          107824

Try the WIX web site. WWW.WIXCONNECT.com Ive used wix filters for my 790
they did have a cross reference and application guide.
wix did make the napa GOLD filters at one time.
But I will say this, JD has been within pennies of after market filters ,I do not know of the other brands.
as of 3/12/05/ 08:23 it was still there ....

View my Photos
lbrown59

2005-03-12          107830

Why gamble a 15 to 20 thousand tractor to save 5 or ten bucks on a filter? ....

View my Photos
hardwood

2005-03-12          107832

Be careful of switching to filters that will fit. Some engines require an anti-drain back valve, some need a relief valve in the filter, plus mincron size, flow rate, etc. etc. Be sure their specs. match all the requirements of the tractor mfg's. brand. Not really worth the risk, your shipping cost from your dealer will likely be less than the cost to drive to another source. Frank. ....

View my Photos
kandel

2005-03-12          107834

I was told that Fram filters were made with the same specifications. Is this false information?

Also, are you aware of any 7500's having oil filters loosen up due to vibration. I am concerned also of how close the filter is to the exhaust (heat). Any concerns there? ....

View my Photos
cthonestguy

2005-03-12          107841

once again a Fram may be close to the same as an AC Delco or Motorcraft etc but when it comes to cross reference they pretty much just go by threads and seal sizes. The filter may be very different. I think the point has been made you can pay me now or pay me later. Fram made this point. Great filters for the car but I wouldn't put one on my hydro unit. Use Kubota filters- they are engineered and made specifically for the proper application. I would never put an aftermarket filter on my hydro Scag, Kubota, Deere ETC only genuine stuff. Just because it will fit does not mean it's doing what it is supposed to do. ....

View my Photos
lbrown59

2005-03-12          107883

I was told that Fram filters were made with the same specifications. Is this false information?
=================
I read some where a while back that Fram is one of the worst filters made. ....

View my Photos
cthonestguy

2005-03-12          107885

I've used Fram on all of my cars. My 2002 silverado just cranked over 100k and I got almost 400K out of my old wrangler I just sold last summer still running strong. Both Mobil 1 and fram filters every 3000-5000K. 400K out of a 258 jeep engine never torn apart is proof for me. ....

View my Photos
JAZAK5

2005-03-13          107895

ONE MORE COMMENT, I WILL AGREE ON THE OIL FILTERS CASES THICKNESS (GUAGE)SHOULD BE THE SAME OR THICKER FOR VIBRATIONS AND PRESURE THE CRIMP OF THE CASE TO THE BASE IS CRITTICAL.
ONE REASON I WILL NEVER RUN A FRAM,I HAD A FRAM GRENADE AT THE RACE TRACK IF IT WASN'T FOR A ACCUSUMP I WOULD HAVE BLOWN A $9,000 DOLLAR 440 ....

View my Photos
AnnBrush
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-03-13          107896

Beware that a lot of OEM filters do more than just filter, they have relief valves in them etc. So getting a off the shelf filter will only do half the job. ....

View my Photos
cthonestguy

2005-03-13          107900

exactly, many of them have one way check valves to ensure oil pressure at startup. This is huge if you have a filter mounted sideways which will allow the oil to pour out. Not sure how many people do this but when I was 15 working in the local garage learning to be a mechanic, the old timer there told us to always fill the filter with oil before screwing it on. This would allow the engine to get the oil flowing sooner rather than spending important seconds filling the filter. You definitly notice the oil light or gauge coming off/going up quicker when you do this simple process.

Little off topic but figured I'd throw that in while talking about relief and one way valves....Jim ....

View my Photos
DK35vince

2005-03-13          107910

I run Napa oil filters on both of my tractors and my car and truck(mostly because its easier for me to get all my filters from one convenient location).
I own a JD 850 and a Kioti DK 35.
Both tractors OEM filters have anti drain back valves and bypass valves.
The Napa filter they cross over too also have the antridrain back valves and the bypass valve. ....

View my Photos
kubotabx25

2011-05-30          178688

Fram filters are junk!!!! Get on utube and watch them cut them apart and compare them to other filters cut apart.. motorcraft, and napa are the best filters.. ....

View my Photos
bhaxel

2011-05-31          178711

If the only issue is getting to a far-away dealership to buy the filters, then I would say stick with the Kubota filters but order them online. Price will be a bit higher, especially with shipping, but you will know that you have the correct filters. You can save on shipping cost by ordering several at once. ....

View my Photos
goodolriver

2011-06-02          178777

My b7500 engine oil filters' never had an issue with loosening off but I did have an issue with the right side hydraulic filter loosening and slowing dripping, so keep an eye on that.

IMHO, don't risk your tractor over a $10 savings, it's just not worth it in the end. ....

View my Photos
auerbach

2011-06-03          178792

This thread's over five years old, but I once got a Fram guaranteed equivalent to the Yanmar oil filter. It was about a half-inch longer, which I assumed was good. Until, with the steering at a certain angle and a full loader, when going over a bump a power-steering part hit the end of the filter.

If I had not installed a pressure gauge that I monitored regularly I wouldn't have seen the pressure dropping as the oil dripped out and could have lost my engine. But hey I saved $2 on the filter. ....

View my Photos
billtreat

2011-11-30          181428

try baldwin they may have a cross and it may fit ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2011-12-01          181435

I think the Fram filter is PH3593A, that's what I use on the Kubota B7610 and I think it is the same for the B7500.

Link:   Fram Filter for B7610 ph3593A

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2011-12-01          181436

Quote:
Originally Posted by auerbach | view 178792
...oil dripped out and could have lost my engine. But hey I saved $2 on the filter.

I am not a fan of Fram, they weaseled their way into the market offering only cheaper filters a few years ago, and then after they locked up the market, they started offering mostly more expensive HD extra duty filters at 3X the price. So there was very little price difference than buying from a tractor dealer other than the convenience factor.

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login