Go Bottom Go Bottom

Kubota BX 2350 B2620 B7800 Prices implements and which to choose

View my Photos
Birdman
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-03-30          152598

I've shopped two dealers and read a few websites, and I'm liking the Kubotas.

I've looked at those three models - BX2350, B2620 (B7610 at one dealer) and B7800. I don't want more than I need.

Has the ground clearance on the 2350 been a problem for anyone? Has the HP on the 2350 been enough for the 60" MMM, and is that just for mowing estate grass, or can I use it on fescue and clover(hay field but we don't make hay anymore and I don't want it to revert to scrub)? Anyone pulled logs w/ the 2350?

I have about 3 acres mowing, 1/2 acre garden to till (which tiller?) and 800' driveway to scrape (gravel, some snow -- box or blade?) And misc tasks for the FEL, mostly involving firewood and logs.

Finally, prices: the best I've gotten, including FEL and MMM, before tax:
BX 2350 $13,684
B2620 $17,182
B7800 $18,856

Are those within reason or is there room to dicker?

Thanks!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
bvance
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-03-30          152605

BirdMan,

I have a BX2230 with 2 acres and am very happy with it. I believe it is a very undrated machine by many folks. I beleive it would do everything you want it to but having said that, I would probably advise you to go with a B model as opposed to a BX model. If are pulling logs with it, that suggests to me that you might be in some rougher terain that the clearance of a B model would be better.

If you can afford it, go for a few more horses and a heavier machine for what it sounds like you will be doing. I would definately get a HST model though.

Good Luck,

Brian ....

View my Photos
bvance
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-03-30          152606

Re-reading your post, I forgot to mention the box blade. Behind the FEL, I think a box blade is the second most useful tool a guy can have. If snow removel is more critical than maintaining your gravel drive way, then get a blade. With an angled blade you can make successive passes and move the snow to the side of the road. But it is not as useful as a BB for moving material and filling in pot holes etc.

Brian ....

View my Photos
gball7

2008-04-07          152821

Birdman,
We own 4 acres and I just bought a brandnew BX2350. Love the machine!! I run the 60"MMM, FEL, Befco Box Blade and the Landpride rototiller. The tractor is awesome. You turn the key and just hearing it crank and turn over is music. I'm mowing for my second time tomorrow evening and can't wait! It poured this weekend, and the grass is real high. You know you've got a real tractor (albeit smallest of this crew) with that 3 cylinder diesel. I've only cut once, and some of it was pretty thick(our grass is scrappy NC pasture grass), and the engine didn't bog down at all.
I'm running the engine only around 2400rpm during this first bit of breakin period. I'm fixin' to get a four foot bushhog for our back acre (which is a rear paddock that's just unruly pasture/grass) and I've checked the area and have no concern about ground clearance. And I'm going to be digging some fill out the backside of the property and don't have worries about that area either. Folks with really wild land and stumps/trees will tell you that the BX just doesn't have the clearance of the 7800 and larger compacts, and then up into the regular tractors...but that's natural I guess; I mean the BX was made for a specific market and it kicks butt in that market. I didn't testdrive the JD 2305 or MF2300 when looking-- more casually looked at them-- sort knew I wanted orange, basically since I was a kid, so that's what I got. I haven't pulled logs but I'm betting if the logs weren't ridiculously large, the BX would do it no problem. Mine was delivered with the 4WD engaged, but I haven't used it at all yet. The traction is very good. I will use 4-low with serious fill/dirt digging. The FEL is awesome. I've used it to haul woodpile stuff and to knock down a small stump when a tree in the front yard went down in one of our rain/wind storms. I think that BX price you show looks pretty good. My dealer priced in the boxblade and tiller for about 2K above what you were quoted so that's pretty close.

Go with Kubota for sure, and specifically I'd highly recommend the 2350 in your acreage. It's awesome. My neighbor has two JD lawn/garden tractors and a Farmall and remarked that my little Kubota would probably do more than his three tractors combined... and I think he's right.
Mike in NC

View my Photos
JOHNWTHOMAS

2008-04-11          152903

My first purchase was a BX2200 for 4 acres on hill side. Started to not get fel but it is essential with lots of moving rocks and dirt after I got it and found out what it would do. Never the less I traded it for a B7800 because the BX was so good I figured the B would be that much better and it is. The BX will do most of what the B will do but it takes alot longer to do it and the B does have the higher ground clearance. I also purchased a BX1500 for mowing but I keep getting back on the B7800 with a 60" RFM, box blade,seeder, tiller and landscape rake. If you have the money go for the B. Occasionally the BX would stop with some implements, not die but would stop and just spin. Not the B. ....

View my Photos
Birdman

2008-04-11          152907

Well, the BX 2350 comes tomorrow mid-morining. The dealer couldn't get a scraper (and we've had the wettest March since they started keeping records over 130 years ago!) so for my driveway I'm getting a MF 60" box blade from another dealer, a bit over 500 pounds, I think. Based on reading on other boards I _should_ be OK, so long as I don't dig too deeply. Other experiences?

My wife picked up a can of diesel this morning -- first time we've had diesel on the property in 20 years. The dealer said to use diesel only from an Ag fuel dealer, that the quickstop diesel for trucks had impurities. Any experiences/responses there?

Well, wish me luck. I've got 800' of driveway that is sadly neglected, needing some FEL and blade work. Guess I'll get to know my tractor very well tomorrow!

B. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login