Go Bottom Go Bottom

Kubota BX 24 15 350 00 from Messicks PA to NH

View my Photos
mswlogo
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-10-10          146754

After seeing these great prices and comments on Messicks I finally called them and pulled the trigger. I'm a little worried the tractor is overkill for my small property needs and I should just rent. I tried renting and the machine was a piece of crap but managed to get 1 job done. But these SCUTs seem to hold their value if I find I'm not using it enough. I've never regreted any quality tool I ever bought in the past and usally you find more applications as you go.

But I need to wait a bit until they can get enough orders up my way before they can schedule a delivery :-(

Anyone interested up in the MA, NH, VT area give them a call please !! I went through Lauren but they all seem like great folks. I only wish they were closer for service too.

No Price on shipping but they said it would probably be a min of $500.00 (which is fine and expected, even the local guys in NH wanted $300 or more).

They said they don't charge Taxes if I decided to have it shipped to MA either.

I've seen low hour used BX24's go for more.

The price I received was for a cash purchase. With financing it's $15,500.00 as posted on this site many times.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-10-10          146755

Congrats! You are going to love your new tool ( or toy)! ....

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-10-10          146758

My experience for shipping equipment in general anyway, is it costs anywhere from .75 to $2.50 per mile---some will say "loaded mile" meaning they don't charge for the trip back. Some won't travel unless they have a paying return trip. That can really mess up delivery expectations. Then there's the issue of being insured or not for your machine.

I was going to haul ATV's around the country from my home in southeast Michigan for local ATV dealers who were selling online at a discount. All they would pay was $.65 per mile. These were for prominent ATV stores, but they never asked me for insurance whatsoever---they did say if something happened to it I was responsible but I signed absolutely NOTHING.

Messick's is a good company---I have dealt with them a lot on parts. Most likely they sub the delivery out---I could be wrong.

I suggest doing your homework should something "happen" to your machine enroute to you. And don't let price per mile be an indicator that because the price is higher, the service will be better or you are automatically insured. Couldn't be father from the truth. The sneaky or not-legal drivers will tell you "awe, don't worry". The truthful ones will offer you a contract and disclose insurances.

I say "sneaky" or "not-legal" because in order to legally transport things like this you are considered a "trucking operation" which is highly regulated. My insurance company's underwriter (not the agent) told me that I would have to form a NEW corporation, and take out a brand new insurace policy in addition to my existing one. My new insurance premiums were expected to double.

Just food for thought. ....

View my Photos
lbrown59
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-10-11          146818

1*But these SCUTs seem to hold their value if I find I'm not using it enough ; usally you find more applications as you go.
2*No Price on shipping but they said it would probably be a min of $500.00 (which is fine and expected, even the local guys in NH wanted $300 or more).
3*They said they don't charge Taxes if I decided to have it shipped to MA either.
4*The price I received was for a cash purchase. With financing it's $15,500.00 as posted on some sites many times.
mswlogo
=================
1* Get it and you'll find more uses for it than you've ever dreamed of.
2*On my order for the 2 BX 1500s and the 4 or 5 implements the delivery charge is 200 dollars total.
3*But your state does so if they ever catch up with you they will hit you for the full taxes plus probably a penalty
4*Pay the $15500 price and go with the 0 percent financing.
There is a Finance charge of $1842 on $15350 financed at 4% for 3 years making your total cost of the tractor $17192 in that deal compared to the $15500 deal at 0 percent financing.
Take the 15500 and o % and save yourself at least 1700 bucks.

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login