Go Bottom Go Bottom

Komatsu Static tipping load specification

View my Photos
mindiucha
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-02-25          77837

hi, i would like to know what a term "static tipping load" means?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Abbeywoods
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-02-25          77840

If you have an implement that can lift a load, it may be capable of lifting an amount that, because of leverage, will cause your tractor/implement to tip while the load is not in motion. It is possible to tip or rollover. An example would be lifting weight in your FEL bucket to a height that causes the rear wheels to raise (with or without counterweight), without the tractor being driven forward or in reverse (static or stationary). This rating is very important not to exceed, especially on uneven ground or while moving the tractor. ....

View my Photos
Peters
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-02-25          77851

The term refers to the max load that you can tip into a truck. We moving the bucket needs to be kept as low as possible to the ground. When emptying or tipping the load into the truck one lifts the load to the highest position, close to the truck and rolls forward and tips the load. This weight will be less than the break load which is used in breaking the load out of a pile. ....

View my Photos
beagle
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-03-06          79013

By definition, staic means "at rest", or a stationary object. The static tipping load can be described with a see-saw. It is the most mass you can put on one side of the see-saw before the other end STARTS to move. With a FEL it is the most weight at the center of gravity of the bucket at the bucket's furthest position forward from the front axle, which would act as the fulcrum or pivot point. ....

View my Photos
blizzard

2004-03-06          79016

Here's a link to a more detailed discussion.
Notice the 'Operating Load' here is limited to 50% of the 'Static Tipping Load' and is for operation on a hard level surface.
bliz

Link:   Tipping_Load

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login