Go Bottom Go Bottom

pc 01

View my Photos
minertim
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-08-31          173572

I have been searching for an ultra-small excavator and have seen pictures of a pc 01 on the web, but I can't find one for sale anywhere. Anyone know about these units?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

pc 01

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-08-31          173576

What do you mean by ultra small--compared to what? CAT makes one that's 3' wide. And Bobcat too.

What are doing with it? Maybe there is an alternative. ....

pc 01

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-08-31          173583

Yep that is a little machine, flywheel hp less than 4. Not sure what 300 KG is in pounds but has to be light for the hp.

What they show on their web sites is not clear to me whether it has pivoting boom or not, don't think it does. You don't have much swing for dumping if it does not. Looks like trenching narrow trench is what they expect it to be used for in tight places. Saw no indication the blade pivots and for trenching in narrow place would want to be able to fill will angled blade.

Some of this is totally my guess but the controls don't show any kind of support for your arms, would think your arms would get tired for depending on the controls resting your arm's weight on them might throw off controlling the machine. ....

pc 01

View my Photos
auerbach

2010-09-01          173609

I couldn't believe how small the engine but it's made by Komatsu, a firm that knows excavators. If they don't export to your area there are many similar brands. I rented one once and found it great. You could vary the distance between the tracks depending if you needed stability or a squeeze-through.

They're costly and come up at auctions, eBay, etc. There are simpler designs with wheels and stabilizers instead of tracks, walk-behind instead of cab, and bigger engines, usually gas. And then there are dozens that attach to a tractor or skidsteer. ....

pc 01

View my Photos
minertim

2010-09-02          173644

I have been looking for one of these for sale for a few days on the web but haven't had any luck. I the ultra-light weight and haven't found anything even close to it's size.

Anyone have suggestions for finding one?

minertim ....

pc 01

View my Photos
minertim

2010-09-02          173645

Well earthwrks, I will be putting the machine on the deck of a 38 foot boat and lowering it into the ocean, so weight is a major issue. And yes, I know it sounds crazy but it works - I've been doing it with a PC 100 for the last five years from a much heavier craft. Now I want to set up a smaller, more nimble unit. ....

pc 01

View my Photos
auerbach

2010-09-02          173647

Um, wouldn't an anchor work better? ....

pc 01

View my Photos
kthompson

2010-09-02          173662

The smallest they have is the 03 but they do have that. It is in Canada. ....

Link:   Machinery Trader

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login