Go Bottom Go Bottom

140-2N backhoe starting problem

View my Photos
dwater
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-05-23          171028

Hey guys I have a 2004 komatsu WB-140-2N backhoe that is causing me some starting problems. I replace the fuel shutoff solenoid on the back side of the main fuel pump, and also the fuel transfer pump on the backhoe also. It starts sometimes and then you go to start it and all it does is crank. It seems like it is getting air in the fuel but I can't find any cracks in my line. Any help would be great

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
oneace
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-05-24          171036

I am not exactly sure how your machine is set up but on most there is a check valve that closes when the pump is not running to keep the lines primed when the engine is shut off. It sounds like that may be your problem. ....

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-05-24          171058

General advice is to top up the fuel tank and check the vent is clear, check the filter is clean and water-free, check the pump is OK, and bleed at all ports such as filter housing, pump, injectors. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login