Go Bottom Go Bottom

Tines level and tines rolled back

View my Photos
phucduong
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-08-10          164809

When looking for the lifting capacity of some Komatsu wheel loader, I see terms such as: lift cap (tines level) and lift cap (tines rolled back).
I seached on Google, but I can't find anything!
Please help me!
Thanks!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-08-10          164815

Lift cap is lift capacity or up-force. Tines are the teeth at the leading or cutting edge of most larger buckets, so "tines level" means bucket-bottom horizontal (generally flat on the ground). With the bucket curled or rolled up, the weight is a little nearer the pivot, so the up-lift force is a smidge more.

There are detailed engineering standards for measuring and stating loader specifications, and they specify all these variables so that buyers can fairly compare one brand with another. Otherwise you have situations like the current class-action suit against mower companies that over-stated the power of their engines by measuring under non-standard conditions. ....

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-08-10          164830

I googled tines too and nothing comes up. Might be a typo.

There was plenty of specs for lifting tiMes.

(From my experience there is really usefullness to having the bucket level when lifting--and to have a level bucket means the loader geometry would have to allow this)

Tines in context of construction equipment--buckets in particular--generally are teeth.

BUUUT...(light just went on!) if you're talking about what we call a "tool carrier"---then yes it can have tines--fork lift tines--now that makes sense! And you WOULD be concerned if they were level or rolled back.

What exactly are you trying to find out? ....

View my Photos
auerbach

2009-08-11          164845

A good thought because Komatsu does make forklifts, but he said "loader." ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2009-08-11          164854

Many companies make both a dedicated wheel loader with a bucket and a tool acrrier. Dedicated loaders offer flip-back pallet forks which store flipped back over the bucket. Some buckets have big, flat hooks across the top of the bucket that hold a separate round beam that has forks dangling from it. Normally the bottoms of the forks rest on the bucket's cutting edge. The round beam allows for fork adjustment.

The tool carrier has a removable bucket that can be replaced with many other attachments not unlike a skid steer. This set up more closely resembles, in principle, a CUT with a FEL that has a skid steer mounting plate. ....

View my Photos
phucduong
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-08-12          164861

Thanks for your replies! Thank you! ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login