Go Bottom Go Bottom

Kioti 1924 dip stick markings

View my Photos
BOBBYboy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2015-12-09          194176

On my kioti 1924 dip stick looks like someone took a file to it. The manual said to fill it to the area between the two marks on end of the stick.On my stick I SEE To marks I believe ,they are 3/8 of an inch from the bottom plus another mark 1/4 of an inch above the 3/8 mark,but then I have a mark about 1 inch above that.Could someone tell me if these marks are right and if the oil level should be about a 1/2 from the end of the dip stick. I'm not capable to take and post pictures,but a picture of a dip stick with the marks would ease my mine thanks

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2015-12-10          194178

That sure sounds strange but you could drain the oil and refill with the exact amount that the manual calls for, and see where the level is on the stick. ....

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2015-12-10          194179

I worked for heavy equipment mfg few years back. You post reminded me of a dipstick we made which was 1/4 inch keystock welded in 1/2 pipe cape. The markings were made with cut of band saw blade.

Have you tried looking on line at pictures of the parts to see if they show the dip stick in any detail? ....

View my Photos
BOBBYboy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2015-12-12          194181

auerbach, thanks for the words of wisdom.the simply solution are the hardest to see.so I drain the oil and put my 3.6qts in .so now I see the right reading on the stick.Funny thing is while doing this I find a sticker on the under side of the hood cover and it said the tractor should take 4.3qts. so I'm thinking??replacement parts from a different model?? ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login