Go Bottom Go Bottom

CK20 vs BX23

View my Photos
chelydra
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-08-25          94483

I'm hoping to be able to buy a compact TLB later this year for landscaping and plowing on about 3 acres. Have so far focused on the Kubota BX23 for price, features and low weight (= less yard damage). Just picked up spec sheet on CK20, which is slightly heavier and a little less power, but apparently has TWICE the lift capacity! Price is about $1k higher for the Kioti; I was quoted a little over $17k for the package.

Is this a fair price for the TLB setup? Any comparisons with the BX23?

Thanks for your thoughts.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

CK20 vs BX23

View my Photos
bigtractor

2004-08-25          94503

Had a fellow stop at our store today had been looking at a bx23 but saw the CK20 and will be back next week to pick up his CK20 loader back hoe and finish mower.
Just felt like he was getting more for his money.

Dave ....

CK20 vs BX23

View my Photos
beagle
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-08-25          94506

The CK series from Kioti is bigger than the BX, and really is not a sub-compact. It compares in size to the B-series Kubotas, and eaven a little heavier. Both are nice tractors, you should test them both and decide what you will be using it most for. For a TLB, the Kioti may be a little more comfortable.

The CK's are really nice. ....

CK20 vs BX23

View my Photos
thepipe

2004-09-05          95608

I started my search for a small TLB for my 8 acres, about 3 of which are cleared. My driveway is about 400' and I plan on landscaping the property. Whatever I chose must plow, mow, load, dig, grade, and be a general "jack of all trades".

I initially liked the BX for the same reasons you listed, but looked at Kioti too. After comparing prices, quality, specifications, and comfort, the CK 30 won by a large margin. It's large and heavy enough to do real work but small enough to fit nearly anywhere the BX will. With R4 tires, the additional weight is nearly invisible and it can still be towed by a regular pickup truck.

Before you make a decision this important, go sit on the tractors you're comparing. If you'll be doing a lot of loader work, check out where the loader controls are. I really like where Kioti put them because it's so comfortable during use. Then go home with brochures and compare capacities and prices. The Kioti wins all around.

Although I met two great local Kioti dealers, I bought from Carver Equipment in NC. Their salesman, Al, was knowledgable and his price beat the local guys by $2500! Call him at 910-892-7171 extension 28. Note that I am not affiliated with them in any way and receive no compensation of any type. I am just a very happy customer!

I have 30 hours on my CK30 and I love it. Good luck in whatever you decide. ....

CK20 vs BX23

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-09-06          95674

I have customers running the BX on up to ten acres and enjoying it. They are capable of going into the woods as many of the larger TLB's with lower subframes are the same height as the BX23's off the ground. It takes horsepower to move weight so are you going to be doing a lot of land clearing or just maintanence on the property? Compaction is a problem with most lawns with all types of soil so the lighter you are the better the end results! ....

CK20 vs BX23

View my Photos
chelydra

2004-09-06          95683

Thanks for all the replies so far - very informative. I'll only be managing about 2 active acres, so even the BX23 may be overkill vs. something even smaller plus occasional Bobcat rentals. But if I have a capable machine, I'll do more of what I want: clearing and landscaping, slinging logs and boulders, regrading the gravel driveway regularly. I'm also getting too old to shovel snow, and these TLs apparently have the power to push anything we get in MA even w/o a blower.

Compaction is a real issue, so I'd planned on turf tires and being careful to drive over dry or frozen ground. That might rule out the CK25 or CK30 as much as the extra cost. The big attraction of the CK20 over the BX23 is the huge increase in load capacity, if the specs are true - about double. I'd be able to use a 24" bucket for lifting out small trees and large shrubs, plus scooping lots of soil from places the loader won't reach. How do they get so much more lifting power from the same engine HP?

Will appreciate your further opinions - might be a few months before I have the cash to buy something. ....

CK20 vs BX23

View my Photos
Kirk727

2004-12-02          101465

on the 50 hr sevice I purchsed filters from my Kioti dealer. He sold me filter for CK20 HST .....HST filter
instead of Hyd filter...I installed and had trouble from start. Reinstalled expensive Kioti(Daedong) filter HST not knowing onto CK20 gear,questioned the dealer and he insisted that it was correcet filter. Finnally found problem searching dealer manuals and discovered I was using wrong filter. Loader still jumps/bumps,called Kioti in NC and they said f*** you. wrong filter/your problem.
I felt like I was short changed. Goning by dealer rec. still no garantee. Hope it breaks before warrantee gives out. This is the type servive you can expect from Kioti. Maybe Green Machine has "piece of mind" value included?????? ....

CK20 vs BX23

View my Photos
beagle

2004-12-02          101466

The rated capacity of the loader has to do with many factors besides the horsepower of the tractor engine. The structural integrity of the frame, the weight of the machine, and the hydraulic system setup are all part of a well matched unit. You can run a 20 ton log splitter off a 6hp gas engine, it just runs a little slower.

The CK's are heavier and beafier than the BX series or 20-series Deere's. This, and the matching of the hydrailics ( ram size and pump capacity ) leads to the higher lift capacities. Although I believe it's true that the CK's do have higher capacities, take a good look at the specs. There are a few different ways that manufacturers use to rate their equipment. Capacities change at different heights of the bucket due to the geometry of the lift. Make sure you are comparing similar specs.

I also considered a CK when I bought orange. The orange dealer I dealt with made the difference. Make sure you get to know the dealers. ....

CK20 vs BX23

View my Photos
Art White

2004-12-02          101470

I often like to look at all manufacturers of a given product while initial shopping. When looking at the different makes I do camparisions of specifications that are important to the operation of it for my needs. The numbers here are goals for the best performance overall. Many lawn and garden tractors are in the 30 to 40 lbs per horsepower range. Most compacts run from 60 to 100lbs maximum depending on purpose of use. Large ag far tractors are at 120 to 140 lbs per horsepower and most factory TLB's today are about 150 to 160lbs per horsepower maximum. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login