Go Bottom Go Bottom

Kioti LB1714 - should I buy

View my Photos
David Smith
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-02-12          49126

I discovered this forum while researching an LB1714 that is on a 70 acre property that I have just purchased - in Ontario, Canada. The property is mostly treed but there is approx. 15-20 acres of low scrub and grassland. The tractor comes with a 52? inch deck mower and has 143.5 hours on it. I am a novice when it comes to tractors. Not sure about the PTO - whether it is live and if I would be able to attach and run a snowblower. Also - is a front end bucket possible? Hydraulics?
Not sure of the year - I know that the LB1714 was only made in 88-90. The 1st 3 digits of the serial number are 400. ?? The price ($6,000 Canadian - about $4,000 US) also includes a wagon and various parts. Does this seem about right?
Any input would be most appreciated. Thanks, much!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
slowrev

2003-02-12          49130

With just a mower deck the price seems to be just a bit high, but not totally out of range. What do you intend to do with the tractor ? Mow the scrub and grass land ? If you plan on maintaining the 15-20 acres, you might want to consider a larger tractor 25-30 hp range. I am not sure if there is a loader available, but probably. I suspect that the 3 point hitch is a cat 0, you really want cat 1 if this is the case. PTO is probably transmission driven, meaning when you puch in the clutch , PTO and tractor movement stops. The transmission type of PTO is not the best of options, but can be lived with for most uses.

Good Luck

View my Photos
Anon

2003-02-12          49155

It is the same tractor as the early 1914's. Which for all intents and purposes is the same as the newer 1914's. There have been some upgrades in power steering, etc. But the tractor is basically a stripped down 1914 with 2 less HP. Hitch is cat 1. ....

View my Photos
David Smith

2003-02-12          49165

Thanks for the input. I will use the mower mainly for maintaining trails through the property. Not a heavy amount of mowing, I wouldn't think. Not sure how long the current owner has had it - but with only 143.5 hours on the clock and it being at least 12 years old, it hasn't had a lot of use. It looks to be in decent condition - but will have an expert check it out before committing. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login