Go Bottom Go Bottom

JUST BOUGHT 1999 3054 KIOTI WITH LOADER

View my Photos
BRYAN-P
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2002-11-15          45010

I JUST BOUGHT A 1999 LX3054 WITH LOADER. IT HAS 500HRS ON IT. I PAID $8500 FOR IT. IT LOOKS ALMOST LIKE NEW. I HAVE USED IT FOR JUST ACOUPLE OF HOURS SO FAR. IF I FILL THE BUCKET FULL OF DIRT IT WILL NOT PICK IT UP. IF I FILL THE BUCKET 1/2 TO 3/4 IT WILL PICK IT BUT IS KINDA SLOW. DOES THIS SOUND NORMAL? IS THERE AN ADJUSTMENT THAT I CAN MAKE SO IT WILL PICK UP MORE WIEGHT? THE ENGINE IS RUNNING AROUND 2200 RPM. THE BUCKET SIZE IS 60".

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2002-11-15          45013

What is your throttle setting while all this is happening? ....

View my Photos
TomG

2002-11-15          45014

I don't know the tractor or size of the bucket, but the description may be fairly normal operation. It's not uncommon for tractors to have large buckets for carrying low density material such as mulch. Such a configuration is not expected to lift full buckets of wet soil or gravel.

In terms of performance, at higher pressures, pumps start to loose efficiency and pressure relief valves start to open, so heavy load operations do start to slow down. If you're new to tractors and starting to deal with heavy loader work, reading about ballast in the archives would be good.

In terms of adjustments, there really aren't any. Pumps can be worn, internal seals can be leaking oil around pistons or pressure relief valves can be faulty. These things can slow operations and limit loads, but they really aren't adjustments.

A dealer or somebody with a pressure/flow gauge and specs for the tractor can check if the hydraulics are working to spec. If they are and the performance isn't acceptable, then something like a pto pump is a common solution.

View my Photos
slowrev

2002-11-15          45015

What brand and model is the loader ? Have you checked the specifications of the loader ? Tom is correct this may be normal operation. The loader is probably not designed to lift the bucket totally full of heavy materials. I looked up the specs on a Kioti KL128 loader, which is probably what your tractor has if it is a Kioti loader. Max lift weight = 940 lbs with an 8.5 second cycle time. Check out the following if interested. http://www.sweettractors.com/kioti%20tractors/Kioti3054.html

Ben in KY

View my Photos
PJ Drew

2002-11-15          45016

Sounds like you might have air in system. I'd would try and cycle loader, you do this by raising and lowering loader(with bucket empty) to max limits several times to purge air fom system. I have had this same symptom with my Koyker loader and this usually fixes the problem. PJ ....

View my Photos
joe b

2002-11-15          45034

I just bought a kioti lb1914 with loader and backhoe had the same problem with loader. The guy who delivered it showed me on loader spool there was a nut with a small allen head in the center I loosened the nut and turned the allen head in a half turn at a time till it increased the lift. But be careful not to go to far pump will start to make noise 2 turns is what worked for me. ....

View my Photos
TomG

2002-11-16          45042

The adjustment Joe mentioned likely is a pressure relief valve. Many valve assemblies have them since they may be intended for applications other than tractors that usually have their own relief valves. These valves are adjustable since they may mounted with pumps and cylinders that have widely varying specs, unlike tractor relief valves that are normally adjusted with shims. When I said these things weren't adjustable I was thinking more about speed that lift.

This same question was discussed awhile back and should be in the archives. Here are some issues. Increasing the relief valve pressure on the loader valve will make a difference only if the setting is less than the tractor's relief valve, and the tractor's valve should protect the system irrespective of the loader valve setting. However, there are some assumptions. 1) The tractors relief valve is OK and everything in the loader hydraulics is speced above the tractor's relief pressure. 2) Turning up the loader valve doesn't enable loads that exceed capacity of the loader or tractor. Heavy loader loads require heavy rear ballast, heavy ballast may not be an entirely safe solution and can be hard on the tractor as well.

In the archive discussion, the owner talked with a dealer mechanic who knew his tractor and system. The mechanic knew about how much a turn of the adjustment increased the pressure and about how much was reasonable. An alternative would be working from specs and using a pressure gauge. A basic gauge with a short hose and a quick-connect that could be attached to a loader valve isn't expensive.

I'd would keep in mind that the valve may be adjusted to somebody's sense of safety on the particular tractor--not just what the loader will carry. Turning the pressure up would place an additional burden on the operator for safe operation.

View my Photos
Group

2002-11-17          45056

I had the same problem with my 2001 model 3054 and I fixed in a jiffy. Don't listen to anyone who says that it may be normal, because it isn't. On my loader, my relief valve was set to low and this is how I adjusted it. Right beside the handle that you use to work the loader you will see a nut with a thread inside that is adjusted with an allen wrench. On mine I loosened the nut(1/2" I believe) and held it while I turned the allen screw clockwise. Mine worked perfectly when it was about flush with the nut, but I would recommend making only half turns and trying the loader each time with a load in the bucket. I do believe this is your problem. You should be able to work that loader around 2000RPM and get full use of that thing. If you set the relief valve to high, you can damage the hydraulics, so be careful. ....

View my Photos
TomG

2002-11-17          45060

Please keep in mind that maybe the relief valve is set low not because the hydraulics and loader frame aren't capable of lifting more but because the tractor may have limited stability. Even if the loader installer knows the tractor it's for he might not know how it's ballasted or if the wheels are set wide etc. Raising a heavy bucket high while on a side hill has more potential for rolling a tractor than with a light bucket.

The relief valve may be set low from somebody's excessive sense of liability and a properly set up tractor and skilled operator might work with heavier loads OK--or maybe not. I think that turning up the relief pressure is just addressing part of the situation and that's something to keep in mind. An accident would be tragic enough, but an accident where an insurance company balked at a claim because the relief pressures were increased without adequate increase in the tractor stability would be more tragic. This liability/insurance stuff isn't a world of my choosing but it is a world I find myself in.

View my Photos
Dan F

2002-11-17          45083

Not too butt in, for I'm in no way a expert on tractors, (that's why I'm here, reading & learning), but I must agree with Tom regarding changing setting. My profession is working with large refuse equipment and one thing that is "TABOO", is to change a facory setting, or modify a piece of equipment. Sure the tractor is privatly owned, but all an insurance ompany needs is one small out for a reason not to pay a claim. Personally, I would take it to a trained tech., but that's just me. Nothing is more important than safety. ....

View my Photos
proceed w/caution

2002-11-18          45090

Don't just crank on the allan screw without putting a guage on the circuit. We have adjusted valves only 1/4 turn and ended up moving the psi from 1600 to 1900.
This is not the time to "fly blind" ....

View my Photos
TomG

2002-11-18          45096

Sometime back there was the saga of my 636$CAN hydraulic t-fitting from NH. I suspect the power steering pressure relief valve is weak and need the fitting to put a gauge in the system. I was defeated by my own saga. I'm just not going to pay $636 for a fitting when a generic fitting is around $5. The steering isn't that bad and well maybe next year I'll figure out something.

The point is that I'm very reluctant to fly blind with these sorts of things. I could just try turning up the valve and see if the steering improves. However, the problem could be a bind in the sector or linkage, and turning up the pressure might disguise the problem or promote a complete failure.

My steering problem isn't exactly the same as with the loader. What is similar is that I wouldn't have any idea of how much I was increasing the pressure, or if it didn't work whether I could even return the setting to anywhere near it's original pressure by counting the number of turns.

My orientation in this sort of thing is to get a good education about the risks of doing something and then make an adult decision to accept or avoid the risks. As in the story above, the adjustment may be fairly insensitive and a something like 'a 1/2 turn equals 50 lbs.' Rule may be applicable and a few hundred extra pounds of load may be well within the range of the tractor. Maybe it's just me, but I'd want to check this sort of thing out before turning screws.

View my Photos
PWC

2002-11-19          45142

I was talking about the loader circuit. We put a guage in the circuit, it's just a high pressure guage bought from the local hydro shop. Rated for 4 or 5000 lbs. I not sure what the reason would be to HAVE to HAVE the NH guage. I would have to see their set up to know why they want you to use something specific. Maybe it's a NH thing. I would think you could put a guage on each of the steering rams, if NH uses them. I'm not familiar with their steering setup. ....

View my Photos
TomG

2002-11-19          45159

My old saga was just a sideline comment. I only intended it as an illustration of the lengths I go to avoid flying blind. I really want to measure the pressure rather than guess.

It's actually a fitting that's considered a special tool rather than a gauge. The 1710 PS is actually power assisted and works from hydraulic pressure fed to the steering sector itself. The problem is that there's nowhere external that easy to hook a gauge to. What the fitting does is replace a 90-degree elbow in a hydraulic line from a priority valve (it doesn't use a separate PS pump) with a t-fitting to provide a leg for a gauge.

The problem is that the elbow has a standard NPT on one end for the plug and oddball metric on the other for the metric line fitting and flare. Well, I guess 636$CAN is a fair price if you can't get it anywhere else, but I'd take the steel PS line to a hydraulics shop and have a new one made to the closest inches size before paying the price. The NH gauges also are special tools and I wouldn't touch them at the prices asked either.

View my Photos
BRYAN-P

2002-11-21          45257

I WANT TO THANK EVERYONE FOR THE ADVICE I WAS GIVEN ON MY LOADER. I DID ADJUST THE RELIEF VALVE ABOUT 3/4 OF A TURN. IT DID MAKE A BIG DIFFERANCE IN THE LOADER LIFT. THANKS AGAIN BRYAN-P ....

View my Photos
KIOTI GUY

2002-12-22          46444

I HAVE THE SAME TRACTOR BUT A KOYKER 155 LOADER WITH 60' BUCKET, IT LIFTS 1500 POUND NO PROBLEM BECAUSE I ACTUALLY WEIGHT CHECKED IT. ALSO KIOTI'S ROCK! ....

View my Photos
Joee

2002-12-24          46537

Try drilling and tapping a 1/8 npt at a convient fittig.works good,muchless cost ....

Link:   Yanmar2210

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login