Go Bottom Go Bottom

Kioti LB1914 feels like brake is on Will not drift

View my Photos
DennisD6
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2015-12-19          194231

I just recently purchased a 1977 Kioti LB1914 4WD tractor with a cracked head. After getting the head repaired, and running it for the first time, I noticed it felt as though the brakes were on when I moved it. I checked the brake lock to make sure it was off and it was. If I run it for 40 to 50 feet and depress the clutch it comes to a stop (the tractor will not drift). If I run it in High Speed mode on the open level road it will not run in 8th gear, it feels like I have the breaks on. I must put it in 6th or 7th gear to get it to run on the level road. I notices the brake peddle rods go to the transmission and not to the rear wheels. Can anyone suggest what I should do to trouble shoot this problem.

Dean..
724-562-4258

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2015-12-19          194233

Confirm the brakes are dragging by seeing if it will coast down a hill in neutral or how free the rears turn when jacked off the ground. If already sure, it would help to have a service manual for that model, if you can get one from a dealer or the head office. ....

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2015-12-22          194242

I know little about a Kioti but the brakes most likely run in an oil bath using the hyd/transmission oil. Try oiling any and all linkage points and see if that helps. ....

View my Photos
Art White

2016-02-01          194428

That is just like the old Kubota L-series chassis and uses the dry brakes system on them and they can rust up if not used on the shafts that they are supposed to slide on. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login