Go Bottom Go Bottom

What oil do I put in a 3point lift

View my Photos
kiotilk
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-12-06          167242

I have a Kioti LK3045. I just removed the back hoe to use a blade and my 3 point lift arms wont raise. I checked the resivour (the red cap above the 3 point, behind the seat), and it was empty. What type of oil do I put in there?
Thanks in advance.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
hardwood

2009-12-06          167243

I don't have a Koti but most of the compact backhoes operate off the tractors hydraulic system, unless yours has a separate PTO driven pump just for the backhoe. If the hoe operates off the tractors system then you likely changed a hose to furnish fluid to the hoe that normaly furnishes fluid to the three point when you mounted it on the tractor. Did you change the hose back to the three point system when you took the hoe off? Do the other things, power steering, loader, etc work normal without the three point lifting? Is there a dipstick or sight guage somewhere on the tractor? Check those things first before dumping in a lot of fluid, over filling a hydraulic sustem isn't a good practice. Let us know what happens. I don't know what fluid is recommended for your tractor, check your owners manual for that. Frank. ....

View my Photos
kiotilk

2009-12-06          167246

Thanks for getting back with me Frank, the hoe ran off the tractor hydrolics. I didnt hook any of the hoses back up that I disconnected from the hoe as I didnt see where they would hook up to. One hose comes from the bucket control valve, with a female fitting, the other hose came from another valve on the side of the tractor, below the fuel bowl, it has a male fitting, but I didnt think these two hooked back together or do they? ....

View my Photos
hardwood

2009-12-07          167253

Being I have no experience with a Koti I can't advise you on what hose should be connected to what, I am only giving general information that applys to most brands. You need an owners manual that explains how things go, or perhaps someone here on the board has a manual that can walk you thur the correct steps. I know nothing of a Koti hydraulic system but some brands have no relief valve in the circut unless the hoses you disconnected from the hoe are reconnected correctly, so I wouldn't start the engine till you have things back as they should be. Frank. ....

View my Photos
kiotilk

2009-12-07          167272

Thanks for getting back with me though. Hopefully someone will answer and let me know. I am looking into finding an owners manual. ....

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-12-07          167274

Just as clarification, you said "I checked the resivour (the red cap above the 3 point, behind the seat), and it was empty."

Does that cap have a built-in dipstick, or where you just going by the fact you looked down the hole and it was empty?

Some tractors have, as I mentioned, a dipstick on the cap, but others have a "sight glass" a small clear window either on the back of the rear end, or on the side of the transmission. When the oil is half way up the window it's at the correct level. The reading is always taken with the 3pth and FEL (if so equipped) all the way down.

If you had a backhoe on your tractor it could be that the 3pth was shut down while the backhoe was mounted. There should be a knob under the seat, turning it shuts off the flow of oil to the 3pth.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
kiotilk

2009-12-07          167275

Thanks Murf, the sight glass on the side of the transmission is at the half mark. The plug does not have a dipstick, just a "U" shaped breather hose. I will go and look ffor this knob under the seat.
Thanks for getting back with me. ....

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-12-07          167278

Happy to help.

If the sight glass is half full then the tractor is not low on oil.

The problem then is something is has the fluid flow to the 3pth turned off, this is pretty normal with a backhoe mounted, it prevents damage from inadvertently trying to raise or lower the 3pth while the backhoe is holding it in a locked position.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
kiotilk

2009-12-07          167280

Thanks again to Frank and Murf for your help. Problem solved. I was able to get ahold of a dealer who had a mechanic on duty who knew these machines. I had to hook the two hydrolic lines together, thats what feeds the 3 point and the backhoe but not both at the same time so you dont damage the 3 point. Thanks again guys. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2009-12-07          167285

Murf, it might be a mute point now seeing he says here the problem is taken care of but can you merge his two threads on this issue?

View my Photos
Murf

2009-12-07          167291

Unfortunately Kenny the "moderator" privileges are really only the ability to 'edit' a message or thread.

The moderators can't move, delete or merge threads.

Only the Head Wizard (Dennis) can do that magic stuff. :)

Best of luck. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login