Go Bottom Go Bottom

Front mount snow blower for Kioti

View my Photos
Peanie
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-09-30          166080

I'm plan on purchasing a Kioti or Bob Cat 40-45 hp,HST with cab in november but I have a few questions. The biggest question isanyone that expierenced buying/installing a front mount snow blower on there tractor. I know Kubota has one for there tractor.
Any help would be appreciated.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-10-01          166091

I saw one on a Kioti, powered by the rear PTO through a gear box that changed direction to forward to a shaft that ran the length of the tractor. Appeared to require some work to mount/detach the blower. Forgot how the blower was controlled (raised/lowered, chute moved, etc). ....

View my Photos
Lwayne

2009-10-01          166102

I believe Erskine Attachments is owned by BobCat so a little research into their line might give you some insight as to what they offer. I THINK BobCat may have a similar system as John Deere just announced for their 4000 series . . . a front snow blower powered by a hydraulic pump ran off of the rear pto. ....

View my Photos
Peanie

2009-10-02          166106

There is a bobcat dealer near by I'll check with them. I also found a site on the net that builds a sub frame and rear mounted hydraulic pump (web address below. I would feel better using some place close by for service or repairs.
Thanks for the help ! ....

Link:   

Click Here

View my Photos
Lwayne

2009-10-02          166121

Peanie,
One thing about front hydraulic snow blowers: there is a BIG difference between pto driven, independent and self contained vs. using the tractors hydraulic system. CUTs seldom have high ehough flow GPM's or large enough reservoirs to provide adequate pressure. Also, if you have a loader some of them are quick attach in lieu of the bucket. A big drawback to these units is the price. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login