Go Bottom Go Bottom

Accessories for 790 4WD hydraulics i match

View my Photos
herbsclub
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-03-14          79860

What else do I need? I am going to buy 790 4WD with 419 fel, box blade, LX5 cutter, disc, maybe mud tires. what about top and tilt, i match, do I need something for fel, and what about cost for each, is it worth it.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
plots1
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-03-14          79864

The top and tilt will be the cats meow for your box blade as its been stated in many other post.I know Kwschumm could tell you more about price. once you get your machine you will surely find out what else you might need depending on your project at hand. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-03-14          79866

I can tell you that Top-and-Tilt added a little more than $2k to the price of my 4310. Hard to swallow but after using it I can't imagine being without it. I'm not sure how much it would cost to add it to the 790. TnT requires a couple of extra SCVs, maybe a diverter valve, hydraulic cylinders, hoses, etc.

You might ask the dealer to weld some bucket hooks to your loader bucket. You could get another SCV for the front bucket for a grapple or 4-in-1 bucket but if you don't have those accessories there's no point in spending the money.

For around $200 I-Match is great if all your implements are I-Match compatible. If your implements aren't I-Match compatible then you could spend a few hundred more making them all work.

If you work early in the morning or late into the evening it would be money well spent to get some extra front and rear work lights. The loader bucket will largely block the headlights.

Only you can determine if this stuff is worth it based on your needs. ....

View my Photos
herbsclub

2004-03-14          79867

Ok I get top and tilt, what about filling the tires, or turning the front tires over. Are john deere accessories more expensive, or do you get what you pay for. ....

View my Photos
CraigC

2004-03-14          79868

By mud tires I guess you mean R1s or Ag tires, I haven't seen any tiresd that work well in mud. Usually you make more ruts and tear things up so bad it isn't worth measing with until the dirt dries up some. ....

View my Photos
herbsclub

2004-03-14          79869

Ok no ag1 tires, but what about a tooth bar for fel, would I still need bucket hooks. What does a tooth bar cost? ....

View my Photos
CraigC

2004-03-14          79872

Tooth bars are for making the cutting edge of the loader dig in better, bucket hooks are for hooking a chain or cable in to lift things. Two completely different animals for different uses. ....

View my Photos
herbsclub

2004-03-14          79880

Would these two animals be complimentry, can use both or no, you can tell I need advice, thanks ....

View my Photos
CraigC

2004-03-14          79885

Maybe just get the tractor and loader first, use it for a while then you will better understand what you need. ....

View my Photos
JAZAK5

2004-03-14          79894

At least one rear scv for a hydraulic top link or a back hoe later down the road and the mid- pto if you plan on a powerbroom or jd snow blower. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-03-14          79916

To some extent I disagree with the statement about R1 tires. They are far better in mud than R4s or turf tires, but when you get in the really soft squishy stuff the R1s have problems too. I found R4s to be lousy even in the dry clay we have here. If you live in a place like western Oregon where it rains 8 months out of the year you can't afford to wait for the soil to dry out.

There are lots of posts on tires in the tractor tire forum and you might spend some time reading there to get some feel for the pros and cons of the various tire types. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login