Go Bottom Go Bottom

JD OR NH

View my Photos
Brian Marchessault
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-01-02          72904

I'm in the process of buying a JD 4710 OR a NH TC45D.
JD is an E hydro with 460 heavy duty loader with a cutting blade, heater block,1 set rear remotes, loaded tires (r4s) for a total of 24500.
The NH has loaded tires (r4s) heater block, FEL, hydro for 23500. My ? is the JD that much better.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

JD OR NH

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-01-02          72907

Do you get a cutter blade with the TC45D? Both are good tractors. What you are asking is decision you must make after hopefully demo'ing both of these models. The 4710 has features such as the ehydro, MotionMatch, LoadMatch, and others that the TC45D does not have. My personal opinion would be for the 4710 (big surprise here right fellas! ;o) for its ergonomic features and my experiences with these tractors. ....

JD OR NH

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-01-02          72909

My guess is that the resale on the JD is a little better so you may get the $1k price diff back in the end. They are both nice machines though, and you can't go wrong with either one. Is one dealer better than the other? A good dealer really makes the difference. ....

JD OR NH

View my Photos
AC5ZO

2004-01-03          72941

I bought a TC45 over the JD. Most of the tractors that we had on the farm when I was growing up were JD tractors, so I like that brand very much. I do not regret my NH purchase one bit. I felt that I got more tractor for the money with NH, but a bigger factor was that I did not get along with the JD dealer and I have had nothing but good experiences with the NH dealer. I live in the west in NM. There is only one JD dealer and one NH dealer within 100 miles of where I live, so the dealer/customer relationship is very important. ....

JD OR NH

View my Photos
jasonsewell

2004-01-06          73196

I purchased a NH TC45D in March '03. I demoed JD, Massey, and Kubota, and I chose the NH because I was the most comfortable on it. Personally, I think JD is a little overpriced, mainly because the company is spread too thin. There is too much corporate money spent on things that do nothing to improve the quality of their equipment.(I am not saying that anything of theirs is low quality) My local JD dealer has more toys, clothes, or other stuff than they do tractors and implements. Although, the new JD 110 tractor/loader/backhoe is an excellent machine, well worth the $40,000 or so they are selling for. ....

JD OR NH

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-01-06          73197

I would expect that JD is like most corporations these days, in that all the deviations from their main product line must either make a profit or come out of the marketing budget. Besides, I LIKE the hats :) It's all about product identification and nobody in the tractor industry does that like JD. ....

JD OR NH

View my Photos
jasonsewell

2004-01-06          73199

My other complaint is that they advertise many JD products that are completely made by other companies. The only thing JD on them is the sticker, and many JD dealers won't service or can't get parts for them. I don't know if this relates to their tractors. I do know that most NH CUT's have asian engines, but the tractors are made right here.

By the way, I like some of the JD hats too, can't find a nice NH hat anywhere. ....

JD OR NH

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-01-06          73200

I thought most of the NH CUT machines were Shibaura (sp?), not just the engines, but I've been known to be wrong. This was my understanding when I was shopping.

JD OR NH

View my Photos
jasonsewell

2004-01-06          73201

I will check the ID plate on the tractor tomorrow, but I say that because I know they come from the NH plant in Dublin, GA. They could be just assembled there, not made there. Now you got me curious... ....

JD OR NH

View my Photos
Brian Marchessault
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-01-06          73203

Something I found interesting is Shibaura engines are a owned or that was my interpitation of the Catipilar site when you type in Shibaura engines.com, the real funny thing was the dealer didnt know this. ....

JD OR NH

View my Photos
shortmagnum

2004-01-06          73218

It looks like for that $1000 difference you are getting a blade and remote hydraulics on the JD. That should make up most of the difference.

As long as the subject of hats was discussed, I'll give my biggest Kubota disappointment. The hats are some kind of puke tan, not even ORANGE! ....

JD OR NH

View my Photos
Chief

2004-01-06          73219

jasonsewell, how many products or what products are you referring to that John Deere markets that are completely made by other companies? Most of these companies have been purchased by John Deere and are under their management or in some case partnership such as with Bombardier. But then Bombardier purchased Rotax just like John Deere does its companies. This is the trend. Even Perkins is now Caterpillar. Were you aware that Toro makes the LS 200 series lawn tractors for New Holland? Go take a look at a Toro Wheel Horse and see for yourself. I would like to hear some examples of a Deere dealer refusing to service or provide parts for an item they sell. That sounds more like a dealer problem. There are good and bad in all the colors. In my opiniion the Yanmar engines are by far the best engines on the market; as good or better than the Deere engines. I don't recall seeing many if any Shibaura engines in marine, generator, and multipurpose use; at least not like you see Yanmars.

As for the pricing your Deere dealer gave you; I these guys beat those prices and the New Holland dealer prices too. You might try configuring a 4710 and go back armed with some pricing figures that give you some bargaining latitude.

I realize that government contract pricing is much cheaper that we will ever get but even still; John Deeres contract prices were but a small amount off from New Holland and Kubota. Sounds to me like your Deere dealer may be like some of the over fed bears in the park. Look around and see if you can get them to do some price matching. If they stick their nose up in the air and say take it or leave it; you don't want to buy from them anyway. That would be the case for any color dealer.

Link:   click here

JD OR NH

View my Photos
jasonsewell

2004-01-06          73278

Some residential mowers are made by Murray, some string trimmers are made by Homelite, Both I learned by my local dealer when I took my JD trimmer and mower to him to get serviced and he told me he cannot get parts and he told my this information.

kwschumm... My ID plate on my '03 TC45D says "Made in USA"

Is Shibuara really owned by Cat??? ....

JD OR NH

View my Photos
Chief

2004-01-06          73280

I think this may be what you are referring to? ....

Link:   Caterpillar Announces Opening of New Engine Facility in Georgia

JD OR NH

View my Photos
AV8R

2004-01-06          73281

Where I work (Wisconsin), we make the front suspension frames and FEL mounts for the "supersteer" model C-NH tractors by the thousand. These models are assembled on this side of the pond at least. ....

JD OR NH

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-01-06          73282

I don't think "Made in USA" means much anymore. This is how I understand it. There is a duty to be paid when fully assembled tractors,cars,etc. are imported. Manufacturers get around this by importing them as sub-assemblies and doing final assembly here. That qualifies them for the made in USA label. I may be wrong or my information may be outdated, and if so I'm sure somebody will jump in to correct me.

JD OR NH

View my Photos
AV8R

2004-01-06          73284

BTW, We also produce at least a couple hunderd other part numbers than just frames and mounts. ....

JD OR NH

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-01-06          73286

AV8R, that's good to know. I like to see manufacturing stay here in the USA. Do you know what percentage of the NH tractors are made in USA? In cars and trucks it's easy cuz it's on the sticker, but tractors are another story. ....

JD OR NH

View my Photos
AC5ZO

2004-01-07          73340

Doesn't JD still use a Yanmar diesel in their CUT? ....

JD OR NH

View my Photos
Chief

2004-01-07          73342

They sure do Mike. the 4010 - 4115 are exclusively Japanese made and built and the 4210 - 4710 use the yanmar and are assemble in the plant in GA. Its gettin' so almost nothing is 100% USA made. ....

JD OR NH

View my Photos
AC5ZO

2004-01-07          73351

We are in a global economy whether we like it or not. I have a 92 GMC pickup. It was built in Canada. It is a very good vehicle and I have had almost no problems with it. In fact, I am apprehensive about trading it off for a new one. If I bought a Mercedes SUV, it would be built in Alabama.

I guess that I must be missing some point about the differences between JD and NH. I like both brands. ....

JD OR NH

View my Photos
Art White

2004-01-07          73352

The last I knew to put all natural on a food product label required 7%. Now thats what strong lobbies do for us. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login