Go Bottom Go Bottom

2210 - deck quot lock up quot

View my Photos
2210jd
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-03-04          50476

I received my 2210 last week. What a nice machine. I spent an hour or so using the 210 loader pushing up some brush piles to be burned. It didn't hesitate a bit. I am, however trying to ferret out a "rattle" that I only hear when the machine is at full throttle and sitting still.

I do have one question: does anyone know how to operate the "lock up" feature on the belly mount mower deck? The dial on the floor that sets the cutting height says "lock" or "lock up" and I was wondering how to use this feature. I tried turning the knob to that position, but couldn't get it to go. I'm assuming that when in use this feature locks the mower deck in the up position so that it doesn't move when you operate other 3 point attachments??

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
JohnDeere2210

2003-03-05          50589

Haven't tried it on mine, but I assume you raise the deck all the way up and then dial it, so it doesn't go down with the 3point items you mentioned. If the snow clears and grass appears, I will be trying it myself. ....

View my Photos
2210jd

2003-03-06          50607

That's exactly right - lift the deck all the way up and then turn the knob fully clockwise to the lock position. I actually got it to work last night while I was tinkering around. Previously I couldn't get it to work. I think the knob must have been froze up with some ice, preventing me from being able to turn it fully.

I too anxiously await the day that the snow goes and the grass grows !! ....

View my Photos
mhalla

2003-03-18          51410

I haven't been able to turn the dial to the lock position either but I haven't gone back to the Operator's Manual to see what the trick might be. It's above freezing here so it can't be ice in my case. Seems strange to me that more than one person is having a problem with this feature. ....

View my Photos
NYYANKEESFAN

2003-03-19          51437

The BX2200 has the same feature. Sometimes you need to lift the deck all the way up with the 3pt lever, and turn the knob at the same time. If it does not lock then it may need adjustment. I had work done on the deck, and when I got it back I had to adjust it so it would lock.

Good luck

Regards

Tom

View my Photos
2210jd

2003-03-19          51466

My deck lock seems to be working fine now. You just have to raise the 3 pt. as high as it will go before attempting to turn the dial adjustment to the lock position. If this still doesn't work try holding back on the 3 pt. lever at the same time as turning the dial as NYYANKEESFAN suggested.

Also, the rattle that I mentioned in my first post on this subject is gone. Some warmer weather seems to have solved that one. I guess I'm a little new to the noises that a diesel engine makes in sub-freezing weather. ....

View my Photos
lynnmll

2003-03-23          51665

I also had the lock up problem before I left the dealer and he adjusted the arm on the left side of the tractor that uses the 3 pt. to lift the MMM.
Used my 2210 Saturday (picked up tractor Saturday morning) evening to mow and it does a fantastic job very smooth. Looks like it had been mowed with a push mower or zero-turn.
This was part of a former plowed field a couple of years ago. ....

View my Photos
mhalla

2003-04-13          53071

Following the directions in the MMM manual I adjusted the lift rod on the left side of the tractor until the knob would rotate the fill 360 degrees. After that I had to adjust the yokes on the lift arms to come up with the 2mm clearance between each lift arm and the machine frame stud.

It looks like this is something our respective dealers missed when they installed set up our mower decks. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login