Go Bottom Go Bottom

JD4310 4WD No front wheel engagement

View my Photos
Mvspoppy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2018-03-10          197568

I WAS PULLING MY DISC IN THE GARDEN WITH MY 4310 4WD. E-HYDRO. '04 MODEL. HAD SOME HIGH GRASS AND UNDERGROTH IN FENCE CORNER. PUT MY 420 LODDER BUCKET TO THE GROUND AND DRUG IT OUT. DID THIS FOR A LITTLE BIT. MOVED THE BRUSH ASIDE AND THEN WENT BACK TO DISQING. PULLED DOWN THE HILL. NO PROBLEM WITH THE SLIGHT DOWN HILL MOMENTUM. RASED THE DISQ, TURNED AROUND AND DROPPED THE DISQ. AS I GOT TO THE UPHILL, THE DISQ DROG THE TRACTOR DOWN. THE FRONT WHEELS WERNT PULLING. NO UNUSUAL NOISES, NO GRINDING OR POPPING. JUST NO PULL. THE FINDER SWITCH IS FORWARD, THE LIGHT IS ON. ROCK THE SWITCH, THE LIGHT GOES OUT. I PUT THE BUCKED DOWN AND RAISED THE FRONT END. PUSHED ON FORWARD PETLE. THE REAR TIRES PUSHED FORWARD BUT THE FRONT TIRES DID NOT MOVE. ANY IDEAS, PLEASE. ;-)

GOD BLESS.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
crunch
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2018-04-26          197710

Its possible you ripped some wires out in the high grass. That happened to me once and caused me to lose drive to my front wheels. ....

View my Photos
Mvspoppy

2018-04-26          197712

Thank you for your reply. We're are those wires located? I have looked briefly when it happened. I did not see anything obvious. ....

View my Photos
discopaul

2018-05-16          197746

I havehad same problem since shortly after buying tractor. Check front end pinon gear. mine stripped off. JD did half butt repair. welded it instead off replacing it. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login