Go Bottom Go Bottom

John Deere 2010 loss of hydraulics

View my Photos
co1073
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2016-04-30          195087

Ok guys I just got a 1963 JD 2010 and here is my problem. All my hydraulics quit working when it warms up. You can let it set and cool down and they will start working again till it gets hot then quits working. The fluid has been changed and the screen cleaned but still same thing. Can anyone help me with this.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
jdgreen
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2016-05-01          195102

Sounds like a worn pump or relief valve. I would remove the pump and inspect it. The relief valve is in the pump housing also. ....

Picture Link
John Deere Tractors John Deere 2010 loss of hydraulics

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2016-05-03          195113

Fluid looks good? Let me add to that, since you change the fluid when it gets hot what does the fluid look like? Is it clear or by chance does it show water or air in it? ....

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2016-05-12          195156

My guess would be a worn seal on the input shaft of the pump. This is a good place to look when hydraulics stop working when warmed up.

The pump's drive shaft is located on the input/vacuum side of the pump. If the shaft seal is leaking, it will pull air into the pump. Once you have air in the hydraulic fluid, it will no longer compress.

Check your oil for air bubbles when the system stops working. My guess is that the oil will appear milky, which is sign of air entrapment.

Another sign of air in the system is temperature increases in the hydraulic oil. The compression of air will create a great deal of heat. If your hydraulic oil has a temperature above 170 degrees, it's likely that you're compressing air, rather than fluid.

Hope this helps.

Joel ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login