Go Bottom Go Bottom

John Deere JD 3520 moves slow after wash

View my Photos
whiteturbo
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-06-26          143246

I have a 3520 w/cab tractor and about a week ago I washed the cab out inside and now when I push the pedal to move forward or backwards it does not want to move unless I speed it up to about 25 rpm's. If I turn it off and restart the engine it will move the way it should for a few min. and then when I let off pedal and try to go again it will be slow or not move at all until I speed up to about 2500 again. Sounds like a electrical problem to me any ideas? It is under warranty but did not want to take it to dealer if the water has caused the problem. I would not think that would be the cause because I have had other tractors with the HYD and no cab out in all kinds of weather and they worked fine. It has 192 hours on it could it be a suction side filter needs to be replaced and change the fluid?

Thanks
Jack

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
hardwood

2007-06-27          143247

Whiteturbo; I am NOT an expert on electronics, but being your symptoms seem to result from water being in the cab that you have a bit of water in the switches of the actuatior pedals. Likely when you incerease the engine RPM's and right after startup your alternator is pushing out a few more volts that overcome the resistance. It reminds me exactly of my 4310 E-Power Reverser. If it sits out in a heavy rain or if I get to liberal with the hose when washing around the E-Power Reverser lever it just won't work till it dries out. I never did have it checked out, I just make sure it is in the shed and keep the water away from the switch when washing. Frank. ....

View my Photos
Billy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-06-27          143254

Has the tranny ever been serviced? ....

View my Photos
whiteturbo

2007-06-27          143260

No i have not changed the filters I was going to at 50 hours and dealer said it was good for 400 hours and i did not. It sems to be OK today maybe it was wet from the bath inside the cab and had not dryed out. I opended the doors and let some air inside today. I think i will go ahead and change the filter od fluid anyway.
Thanks
Jack ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login