Go Bottom Go Bottom

John Deere 2030 tractor value

View my Photos
Ken
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-11-12          119266

I am looking at buying a JohnDeere 2030 tractor with 3000 hours. It is locally owned and has been used to maintain a 3 acre lawn. Mint condition with easy attach bucket in New condition. Also has a open canapy. Looking for some advice from someone who knows. The mechanic I talked to stated that this is one of the best John Deere models produced. Looking for advice from the people who know John Deere. Thank You Ken

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
JW

2005-11-22          119708

Ken, sounds like you found what I'm looking for. If you don't buy it please pass it to me.
I'm totally sold on this old tractor. Outside of the chance of internal HYD lines coming apart its a bad ass tractor, very reliable and strong. I don't like gas engines, and like the 540 RPM pto on a 1000rpm gearbox cutter.
If its truely A-1 condition its worth around $7,500 around the southeastern part of the US, deduct $600-$900 if its gas but, ad $750 for the front end loader (If its a john deere) ....

View my Photos
Rungreen

2012-12-16          185733

I have a 1975 2030. It has the hvy front axle and big hyd pump for loader. It currently doesn't have one but came with a 146 new. I use it to do all but heavy tillage. Biggest pull is no till 6RN 7000 JD planter and doesn't lack for power or into the gov to pull it. Look at the Neb tractor tests and you will see this tractor pulled it's own weight and actually more than the 2630! Mine doesn't have hi/lo or reverser nor Ind PTO,less trouble. Tires and coolant condition are the biggest headaches. Otherwise a great machine with plenty of guts in a just right size. I'll keep mine til I die. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login