Go Bottom Go Bottom

4110 50 HR - 240

View my Photos
bobggg
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-06-24          89289

does not include tax.
does not include pick-up and delivery which my dealer does for free for warranty work.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

4110 50 HR - 240

View my Photos
lucerne
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-06-24          89290

If you mean your 50 hour service cost $240.00, no he isn't picking it up and dropping it off for free. Most dealers do the 50 hr for free if you bring it in. Mine just gave me the filters and oil I needed and I did it in a few minutes myself. ....

4110 50 HR - 240

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-06-24          89292

The 50 hour service was included in my deal, but it's sure not hard to do. The dealer sent his guy out and serviced it in our driveway while I watched. You do need to make sure you have a big enough pan for the hydraulic fluid. Your operators manual tells you what to do. ....

4110 50 HR - 240

View my Photos
bigpete

2004-06-24          89300

I've done my 50 hour service myself on my last three machines. It's a great way to get to know your machine and perhaps the one time you get to ensure all of your systems are up to snuff with clean fluids, filters, grease, and torqued lugnuts--all at the same time. Check the manual even if stuff seems obvious to you--it won't bite you.

I took a few hours each time I did it and started by pulling the MMM, powerwashing and putting on sharp blades. I then powerwashed the tractor, used the compressor to blow out the engine compartment thoroughly, and pulled it in the shop.

You can then drop all the filters and fluids according to the the manual. It's a good idea to have all of the fluids warmed a bit. With all the side panels off you can check the belt tensiion, electrical quick-connect plugs, air and fuel filter, etc. As for the suction screen, you should go ahead and pick up an o-ring at the dealer in case it gets damaged in the process. Make sure you follow the manual when you clean the screen and magnets--be gentle and use a mild solvent.

Once the deck goes back on, you can adjust and level it again--a good idea every 25-50 hours, or so. Check the lug nuts, grease all the zerks, and rub a little wax on the hood and fenders. Finally, pop open a cold one and gawk at your pretty machine for awhile before you take it back out to work it over again. ....

4110 50 HR - 240

View my Photos
bobggg
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-06-26          89376

One reason I went with dealer maintenance is that I read on this site about a fellow who did his own maintenance and had subsequent transmission problems. Because he did his own maintenance his dealer was saying his warranty was voided because no proof maintenance was done properly. ....

4110 50 HR - 240

View my Photos
bigpete

2004-06-26          89391

Doing your own maintenance doesn't void your warranty unless you use materials that are out of spec. Just buy the right stuff (I buy my supplies from my dealer), keep the receipts, follow the manual, and they must honor the warranty. Car warranties work the same way--just keep the receipts. I've had warranty work done on my tractors before (tranny) and the question of who did the maintenance was never asked. I suppose if a part wears out way before the expected failure time they might ask what kind of oil and filters you were using. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login