Go Bottom Go Bottom

JD 110 TLB

View my Photos
scott3244
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2002-11-28          45513

Does anyone know how difficult it is to remove the Backhoe portion of the new 110 TLB? Also is anyone able to give me a ballpark figure on what this unit is selling for?? I know retail is in the area of $45000.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

JD 110 TLB

View my Photos
John R.

2002-11-29          45517

I haven't done it myself, but I watched another person demo the backhoe removal. It took only a couple of minutes and he never had to leave the tractor. With the seat in the forward position, the operator operated the levers while kneeling on the seat and reaching over the back of the seat. He started by pushing down on the ground with the hoe to release pressure on a pin, which he pulled straight up. I can't remember the rest of the procedure, but in a matter of seconds he eased the tractor away from the hoe, then uncoupled the hydraulic connectors and the hoe was left sitting supported by the bucket and stabilizers. Pretty slick.

As for price, others will have to help you. ....

JD 110 TLB

View my Photos
dsg
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2002-11-29          45523

Scott, ONLY rumor but I've heard the basic 110 TLB can be had for around 38-39K. If it was around in July 2000 I would of had one instead of the 4700. I like the quick-tatche system for the hoe changing buckets, Like the Volvo excavators have.

David ....

JD 110 TLB

View my Photos
Scott3244

2002-11-29          45527

Thanks Dave, I had been looking at the 4700's until this came out and it caught my eye, this thing is sharp!!!!!! I am just trying to justify spending 38-39k for this when it appears to be comparible to the Kubota L48 which you can purchase for around 33-34K. ....

JD 110 TLB

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2002-11-30          45539

Scott, I wish you would try both machines. You are saying that there is three to four thousand difference in price. I've had some people that own the L-48's and L-35 and tried the 110 and they have said the L-48 is more machine and the L-35 is a little less. I'd just think before I spent more for something that I would be getting more. ....

JD 110 TLB

View my Photos
JOHN SMITH

2002-12-21          46402

SCOTT, THE 110TLB HAS A PROVEN 43-HP YANMAR DIESEL ENGINE W/
DIRECT INJECTION. THE HYDRO TRANSMISION IS THE BEST ON THE MARKET W/ ELECTRONIC CONTROLS THAT ARE ALSO PROVEN. THE SAME TYPE OF TRANSIMISON IS USED IN THE 115HP CRAWLERS. HYDRAULIC SYSTEM HAS AN OPTIONAL DIVERTER VALVE, THAT CAN RUN THE FRONT LOADER W/ 4IN1 BUCKET AND THEN A TOP AND TILT KIT FOR BOX BLADE. FRONT LOADER HAS A MOUNTING PLATE THAT IS THE SAME AS A SKID STEER BOB CAT OR JOHN DEERE. THE BACKHOE IS VERY SIMPLE TO TAKE ON AND OFF. SCOTT YOU NEED TO TEST DRIVE THE 110 TLB YOU WILL NOT BE SORRY IF YOU BUY ONE. ....

JD 110 TLB

View my Photos
Poptart

2003-02-09          48934

Scott,
I own a 110 and I have to say ,I love it.I also looked at the L48,I had an L35 and was looking to upgrade.I was ready to plunk my money down on the 48 when I saw the 110,I did a ridiculous amount of research on it and after looking at the good and bad points of both machines,and having been a firm Kubota guy,decided to give the Deere a chance,and I can say it was a good decision for me.It is a tad smaller than the 48,in width and in the hoe department,but the loaders are very close.The 110 runs smoother hydraulically than a 48,the hoe is buttery smooth and comes off in a snap,and the hydraulic options are more incorporated into the machine,no extra levers sticking out everywhere.Also from a construction standpoint the 110 seems more construction oriented,don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with the L48,it is a great machine too,the 110 just seemed to fit me better.I paid 41000 for mine with all hydraulic options,hoe quick couplr,two hoe buckets,4n1 loader bucket,standard loader bucket,rubber stabilizer pads,skid plate,stabilizer gaurds,and 55amp alternator. ....

JD 110 TLB

View my Photos
Scott3244

2003-02-10          48980

Poptart, I am waiting for my new 110 to arrive.....I did not get the Top and Tilt option, or the 4-1 Bucket, but everything else you listed and I paid $35,250. I shopped alot of places and feel that this was a pretty good deal. I will let you know how I make out!!!!! Thanks for the help. ....

JD 110 TLB

View my Photos
Poptart

2003-02-19          49567

Scott,
Just came in from movin' snow with the 110,and man does she love to shove the white stuff around,we got about 20" in CT.Did you get alot out by you,and have you heard anything about your 110?? ....

JD 110 TLB

View my Photos
Scott3244

2003-02-19          49573

Poptart,
I am picking mine up tomorrow(Friday)from the dealer. I am glad to hear that the 110 likes to push snow as that will probably be its first challenge. We received about 14 inches of snow with more predicted for this weekend. Have you seen the enclosures now being made for the 110? I saw one made by Laurin that looks almost factory. The only drawback is a pricetag of around $5000. I will keep my eyes open for any other options in the meantime. ....

JD 110 TLB

View my Photos
Poptart

2003-02-19          49584

Scott,
I thought I had mentioned it before,but I guess I didn't,I bought a Laurin cab for mine in December and installed it myself.It is very well made,the fit and finish is excellent,and the visibility when operating the machine is still fantastic,it fits the machine so well most people think it is a factory cab.I actually bought mine from Canada and save quite a bit of doe,and the dealer shipped it directly to me.The cab comes totally assembled and needs to be lifted onto the machine after the rops is removed,the total install probably took a little less than 2 days.To me it was worth the doe,especially considering how much I have been using it this winter,nothing is better than being toasty warm when its freezin' outside! ....

JD 110 TLB

View my Photos
Scott3244

2003-02-20          49596

Poptart,
I am VERY interested in the enclosure if you could give me any info on how to save some $$$, can you tell me about what you spent? And any info on the dealer would be great. ....

JD 110 TLB

View my Photos
Poptart

2003-02-20          49644

Scott,
The name of the dealer is Huron Tractor,they are located in Exeter Canada,I don't have the phone # in front of me but they have a web site.I dealt with Don,he was very knowledgeable,and was a pleasure to deal with.Now don't get me wrong,I like the dealer I bought my machine from,they are a great company,but I actually brought the Laurin cab to their attention,they had no idea it was available,and they quoted me $5998 delivered to my shop.So I decided to shop around,stumbled across Hurons web site,saw they sold 110's,so I gave em' a call,spoke with Don and he quoted me $4700 delivered to my shop.The reason for the difference in price is because the dollar is sooo much stronger in Canada,it is still quite a bit of doe but really is worth it. ....

JD 110 TLB

View my Photos
Scott3244

2003-02-20          49646

Poptart,
I located the dealer, now my next question is did you get any options on your enclosure, and would you recommend the rear window options of the wiper and defroster fan? ....

JD 110 TLB

View my Photos
Poptart

2003-02-20          49647

Scott,
I did not get the rear wiper,and haven't missed it yet,also bag the "defroster fan" as it is an $80 option and it is just a fan that gets mounted in the cab,you can buy em' at a good auto parts store for about 20 bucks.Some other points of interest,the cab comes with all the electrics already installed and it is also pre wired for the rear wiper so you could always get it later,there are also extra spots for fuses if you were to add a radio or a fan.Also,I bought the backhoe portion of the cab too,you don't need it but it is the only way to completely close the machine up with the hoe on,and it makes getting back to the hoe a little crampped,I plan on removing this portion in the summer months.Also keep the existing poly roof that comes with the 110 and reuse it,don't get the steel roof that laurin makes,its not as nice as the JD one. ....

JD 110 TLB

View my Photos
Scott3244

2003-02-20          49656

Poptart,
Is the cab completely enclosed when the backhoe is not on the machine? I guess what I mean is in the pictures it shows the backhoe portion coming off with e backhoe in the winter......Does that create an opening in the bottom for cold air without the backhoe on? ....

JD 110 TLB

View my Photos
Poptart

2003-02-20          49660

Scott,
It is completely open in the back when the hoe is off,but if you want to use it without the hoe and have it closed up there is a different rear section that bolts on behind the seat and the window that is on the hoe portion then gets installed onto the actual cab,it is hard for me to explain it but they give you all the parts you need with the cab to close it up either way,just as long as you buy the hoe portion also.I do commercial plowing and made an 8' snow pusher for the front so I wanted to keep the hoe on for weight but if you were going to use a rear mount blower you may not really need the hoe portion of cab.I use the machine year round so to stay warm and dry when using the hoe in the fall and early spring is invaluable to me,in the summer I will remove it as it is only held on with four bolts,I will also probably remove the windows and doors for the summer months or else it will be too hot. ....

JD 110 TLB

View my Photos
jonlapl

2003-02-24          49938

I am in the process of upgrading my tractor and looking at the JD 110 TLB and kubota L35. Im leaning towards the JD but am reluctant of any first year product. One delemma Im having is to fill the rear tires. I will be using the tractor w/ either a powerake or the hoe. Also Im told that I can't get a single remote valve for the rear, a (factory Installed only) three valve unit is available at the tune of $1800. Alot of money to operate a piston on a power rake. Thanks, Jon ....

JD 110 TLB

View my Photos
Poptart

2003-02-25          50040

Jon,
I used to own an L35,and I upgraded to a 110.It is quite a bit more machine than the 35 is.I also do alot of power raking,in fact out of the 150 or so hours on the 110 I would have to say 70% of em' are from using my Harley rake,so I understand your dilema.Deere does not recomend filling the rear tires with the hoe on,as it puts undo stress on the axels,filling the tires would add about 5-700lbs per tire,which is too much for me anyway.I found a dealer who got me wheel weights that added 106lbs per tire and they are stackable so you could always add more,but one on each wheel has made a tremendous difference when raking compared to the lightness of the rear without em'.

As far as the rear remotes,I know 1800 seems like alot to power the angle cylender on the rake but if you ever wanted to add a top n tilt all the plumbing is there already and all of those functions work through the loader control,which is real slick,no extra levers sticking out anywhere.The valve for the L35 is about $1100,and that doesn't include installation,I had one on my 35 and it worked good, the worst thing about it is that it gets bolted to the right rear fender,not a bad setup but a bit bulky and obtrusive.If you are handy enough, you could always add your own after market valve to the machine yourself.

Last but not least......the thing with it being a first year machine never really bothered me,and it hasen't seemed to make a difference with my machine,the fit and finish is excellent,and I haven't heard of any lingering problems from anyone else that has one.You could look at it this way also,after about the middle of March it will have been in production for more than a year :) ....

JD 110 TLB

View my Photos
Poptart

2003-02-25          50041

Jon,
I used to own an L35,and I upgraded to a 110.It is quite a bit more machine than the 35 is.I also do alot of power raking,in fact out of the 150 or so hours on the 110 I would have to say 70% of em' are from using my Harley rake,so I understand your dilema.Deere does not recomend filling the rear tires with the hoe on,as it puts undo stress on the axels,filling the tires would add about 5-700lbs per tire,which is too much for me anyway.I found a dealer who got me wheel weights that added 106lbs per tire and they are stackable so you could always add more,but one on each wheel has made a tremendous difference when raking compared to the lightness of the rear without em'.

As far as the rear remotes,I know 1800 seems like alot to power the angle cylender on the rake but if you ever wanted to add a top n tilt all the plumbing is there already and all of those functions work through the loader control,which is real slick,no extra levers sticking out anywhere.The valve for the L35 is about $1100,and that doesn't include installation,I had one on my 35 and it worked good, the worst thing about it is that it gets bolted to the right rear fender,not a bad setup but a bit bulky and obtrusive.If you are handy enough, you could always add your own after market valve to the machine yourself.

Last but not least......the thing with it being a first year machine never really bothered me,when I got my L35 it was the first one my dealer got his hands on,and I never had a lick of trouble with it,and it hasen't seemed to make a difference with this machine,the fit and finish is excellent,and I haven't heard of any lingering problems from anyone else that has one.You could look at it this way also,after about the middle of March it will have been in production for more than a year :) ....

JD 110 TLB

View my Photos
Poptart

2003-02-25          50044

This has nothing to do with this thread, but......how the hell do you edit or delete a post!!!!!!??????? ....

JD 110 TLB

View my Photos
jonlapl

2003-02-25          50048

Poptart, Thank you much for your input and advice. This is a large investment for me and Im a bit nervous on this purchase. I currently own and use a NH 25hp & woods 7500 that I started using part time as a buisness and found a that it was very busy. I felt though that the machine I owned had limitations that I would need to overcome in order to move from part time to a full time profitable endevor. In april I will be self employed and hopefully the 110 will be the right answer. I believe the power upgrade with the compact size will afford me more job opportinities were a full size machine has difficulty. As far as the the weight in the rear, what size rake are you using and did you find that it was not enough to offset a loaded bucket causing the need for the wheel weights? I have a 6' Harley and am hoping that Its not too small for the machine. The width I find is perfect for my needs and menuvors well in tight places. ....

JD 110 TLB

View my Photos
Poptart

2003-02-27          50208

Jon,
I too have a six foot Harley rake and also find that it is the perfect size for landscaping.You'll also be happy to know that the width of the 110 is perfect for a six foot rake where as the L48 would leave behind tire tracks being it is a few inches wider.I think the machine definetly benefits from having the wheel weights on,before I had em' the machine would be awfully unbalenced with a full bucket while loading a truck,it's never comfortable when 1 of the four tires leaves the ground. ....

JD 110 TLB

View my Photos
jonlapl

2003-02-27          50210

Poptart, My tractor should be in 5-6 weeks I'll have them put the weights on when it gets here. Im glad to here that the L48 is a little to large for the 6' rake. I actually felt a little guilty that I didn't give the Kubota more of a serios look. The comparison Statistics favor the L48 but I was so struck with the 110 that I focused more on the Deere.The other thing I didnt like about the L48 was the location of the loader control. Ive used machines whith controls on the loader and found them more uncomfortable than the fender well style. Thanks for your help. ....

JD 110 TLB

View my Photos
Scott3244

2003-02-27          50217

Poptart,
I picked up the 110 on Friday and I have to say it is outstanding. I have been reading your posts on the Harley rake and have been considering the addition for my machine. Have you been doing this commercially and if so what sort of prices are you getting? Are you leaving your wheelweights on with the backhoe also or do you remove them? The only issue I may have was not getting the seven function hydrolics.....would you recommend a Harley rake for the front? ....

JD 110 TLB

View my Photos
Poptart

2003-02-27          50224

Jon,
Just before I even knew about the 110 last January/February I was very close to purchasing an L48,because there was nothing else to compete with it,but after researching like a mad man for info on the 110,I decided to give it a shot without even giving it a test drive,only because there were none to drive at the time,I took a big chance and I feel it has paid off.The L48 is a great machine but the 110 just has more of a "construction" feel to it,and the controlls,hydrolic options,visibility,and overall layout of the machine really does alot to back that up.I think you'll be very happy with it. ....

JD 110 TLB

View my Photos
Poptart

2003-02-27          50225

Scott,
I do use my machine commercially,I have a landscape/excavation business and if you have never used or seen a Harley rake in action you'll be amazed when you do.The rake is a bit pricey but is worth every penny,you'll wonder why you didn't get one sooner,the amount of labor it eliminates is incredible,just having it makes you more marketable.As far as pricing,I charge $800 a day for raking,$500 for half a day,some guys charge by the square foot but I never have.I do keep the weights on with the hoe,I don't feel it is enough weight to cause damage to the axels.When you say "seventh function hydrolics" do you mean on the hoe or the service valves to power a top n tilt,or angle cylender?I got mine with every hydrolic option available,I figured that way if I ever needed it,I would already have it.By the way, congrats on the new machine,hope you like yours as much as I like mine! ....

JD 110 TLB

View my Photos
jonlapl

2003-02-27          50226

Poptart , What is the top n tilt? And would you would'nt happen to have the code for the skid plate from your Deere build sheet would you? I Asked My dealer to add this option but he couldnt find it in his accesories. I figured I could add it later so was'nt too concerned.I also agree with your comments on the power rake. I, and everybody that sees the rake work is impressed with its performance.I love watching the face of a person seeeing it for the first time, they usually stand there with there mouth agape in astonishment as they realize that i just did in 5 minutes work what it took them by hand 3 hours to do. I have found this to be my most profitable Impliment. I can see that I was definatly undercharging for the rake though. I had nothing to base a fee from and was charging 40-50 an hour when I started. I Did increase to 65 for unscreened material as I felt it was much harder on the machine and rake. I purchased the 4in1 bucket on the 110 for the debris clean up.This should cut the time of picking up the piles dramatically and eliminate the need for me to hire help to shovel it into the bucket. ....

JD 110 TLB

View my Photos
Poptart

2003-02-28          50273

Jon,
Not sure of the code for the skid plate but I would consider it a must have option,as far as I'm concerned it should be standard,just take a good look at her belly and just imagine a stick or stump getting jammed up there...I bet the damage it would cause would cost more than the 400 bucks for the pan.I installed the skid plate myself,it took me about an hour or so,no big deal.I also purchased the stabilizer gaurds,by the way both those items are made by an outside manufaturer fo Deere.The top n tilt is an option on the three point hitch,instead of threaded links to adjust the top and side link,they are replaced with hydrolic links so you could adjust the level and pitch of a three point hitch implement hydrolically from the seat,I didn't get it,but I could always purchase it later if I have a need for it. ....

JD 110 TLB

View my Photos
Poptart

2003-03-01          50330

Scott,
I overlooked your question about the front mounted Harley rake.I think to have the ability to run one on the front using the auxiliary hydrolics would be great,the only problem is the 110 only puts out 12 gallons per minuet(gpm)of hydrolic flow,and a hydolically driven Harley rake needs a minimum of 11,I have been told that it will rotate great until it comes in contact with the ground,then since the flow is minimal it will frequently "stall",this is not good for obvious reasons.If there is one thing that doesn't sit well with me about the 110,it would have to be Deere advertising it as being able to accept and run skid steer attachments,which really isn't the case,yes it will hook up to them,but it will run very few of em'.This turns out to be a bad situation for the salesmen and the buyer,especially if the guy buying it had a skid steer and has all the attachments,the salesmen READS that the 110 will run skid steer attachments,tells the buyer no problem,the guy gets the thing home,tries to run an attachment and all of a sudden there is a big problem.Sorry to ramble on...just thought I'd put that out there. ....

JD 110 TLB

View my Photos
Scott3244

2003-03-01          50333

Poptart,
Thanks for all the info, I am learning more about my new JD110 everyday. The spec sheet on the 110 shows a Total Flow of 23.6 GPM, with a system pressure of 3000 psi. This is different from the 12 GPM you listed in your post, I guess I am even more confused now.....Maybe you can explain? ....

JD 110 TLB

View my Photos
Poptart

2003-03-02          50368

Scott,
I'm sorry I failed to explain the 12gpm as compared to the 23.6 on the spec sheet.The 23.6 listed is total flow available to the machine,then you have to figure in things like the HST,the backhoe,the steering,the loader,and the optional front hydraulics which are rated at 12gpm.Obviously all those factors aren't all used at once,the loader isn't being used when the hoe is and so on.I do think that the hoe has a 16gpm rating though but that flow may be directed towards the loader operation when the hoe isn't in use.So it's like I said,it does become a bit misleading if the salesmen haven't really done their research,I know I knew more about the 110 than my salesman did when I bought it,he actually still calls me from time to time for info. ....

JD 110 TLB

View my Photos
Scott3244

2003-03-03          50444

Poptart,
I ordered the enclosure from Laurin today from the dealer in Pittsfield I bought the 110 from. He quoted me $5000 delivered to my doorstep. I know you payed a little less but I figured for $300 bucks more I would keep my business there. They are saying about 4 weeks for delivery, apparently Laurin has had a super response to these and is producing extras finally.....Is there anything I should know about making this installation any easier when it arrives? I know you said it took you a couple days to put on I am trying to guesstimate what I should expect to run in to. ....

JD 110 TLB

View my Photos
Poptart

2003-03-03          50447

Scott,
That is a great price,I also wanted to stay local,but when I shopped around in my area the dealer either didn't have any info on it or wanted 6 grand for it,when I found it for $4700 I couldn't turn it down,my salesman even agreed with me.Things you should be aware of...The cab comes completely assembled bolted to a large palet,you'll need to disassemble your existing rops,so check it out,it's nothing fancy but the rear bolts don't allow for too much space for a wrench or ratchet.I had to remove the bolts holding the rear of the operators deck under the seat (5 or 6 10mm bolts) to get better access to them.If you know when your cab is coming you could do this a day or two before you get it,you don't use any of the old rops but hang on to the bolts.The only snag you could have is that the cab needs to be lifted over the machine then lowered onto it,so you will need something that can lift the cab high enough or some sort of "A" frame to hold it up while you drive it under,I used my excavator to do this,and it would be handy to have someone around for this for the extra hands to help line it up.The other thing is if you have the stabilizer gaurds they will hit the rear glass on the cab when you bring them up all the way,I cracked my glass on the laft side not realizing this,I welded some stops on the side of the platform where your feet sit,and that stops the gaurds from hitting the glass.I'll e-mail you with some more info. ....

JD 110 TLB

View my Photos
Mr. NEWBEE

2003-03-12          51029

Great Board! I am in the process of researching the TLB and possibly the L48. My primary question to you users out there is what would you recommend regarding the following needs: I just bought a home that needs some drainage work (A trench about 6-7 feet deep and about 100 feet long) also I have many acres of lawn to mow- so mower attachment would be nice. ....

JD 110 TLB

View my Photos
nighthawk

2003-03-14          51135

I wonder if you guys could give me as much info about the 110 as possible. I saw one in the summer, driving by a JD dealer and instantly fell in love with it. Problem is, that I don't really need it, not can it do exactly what I need done. I have been racking my brains trying to figure out a way to put a front mount blower on the machine. The dealer in Exiter (Walkerton actually) had told me that a skid steer blower would work. I begged to differ. They finally tried it, and guess what. Next thing, I thought that a mid mount PTO from a 4610 which is the same tranny, might work but have yet to confirm this. Of course, D-tach or what ever it's called won't even entertain such discussions. I would hate to have to drive such a beutiful machine backwards to move snow.

My next concern was about the cab. Is the fuel filler inside the cab or not? I like the smell of Diesel to a point only, and if one ever spilled diesel inside the cab, it would be a miserible experience. Also, how quiet is the cab? I just witnessed a friend installing a Jodale Prairy or something like that cab on a 4100. A real nice factory looking cab. But was surprised to hear that not only is the cab not quiet, but it acts as an amplifier, and ear protection is required. Too bad.

Lastly, for the time being. I have a Harley PRO 8. Quite a chunk of a machine. I had a 110 on demo, but without remotes. I couldnt really try the rake. My Dad thought that the 110 wouldn't even lift it, or the front end would lift, but it seemed quite happy. What do you guys think would happen, if the slugging got tough? I know one can use a FEL to level off piles, but sometimes it's more fun just knocking them down in one pass with the Harley. I got a really good deal at Auction on the PRO 8 and in addition to the expense of the 110, I would hate to have to spend more money on a smaller rake. Yes, by the way, I agree, the Harleys are great. I compare them to an electric planer vs a hand one.

If you could feed me 110 stories, that would be appreciated and enjoyed.

Thanks, Tom ....

JD 110 TLB

View my Photos
Poptart

2003-03-14          51168

Tom,
My 110 is great,it has done everything I have asked of it with ease,but like I posted earlier,the JD literature is a bit misleading with all the talk of being able to "run" skid steer attachments,I think this is the biggest downfall to the 110,they should up the hydraulic flow on the pump so it will run skid steer attachments and back up what they say it can do.There is a post under the "attachments" section about blowers,if you look at my posts you'll see it,I think someone mentioned that the company Provenost makes a front mount blower that has its own PTO pump and hydraulic tank,I think this is the only solution to mounting a front mount blower.Also,a 4610 mid PTO will not work on the 110,as the tranny is quite a bit different than a 4610.I used my 110 with an 8' snow pusher for plowing a commercial lot this winter and it worked fantastic.

As far as the cab,the fuel filler IS on the outside,it's hard to tell from a picture,it is also a bit tricky to get the cap on and off until you get the hang of it,they didn't allow much space for it.The cab does make it a bit quieter,although,I used ear protection before the cab,and I still do even with it now.

I have a Pro 6 rake with side plates and a carbide tipped roller and I love it,best implement ever made as far as I'm concerned.The 110 would have no problem lifting an 8' rake,much less running one.If anything the added weight of the rake would balance the machine better when you have a bucket full of material,my 6' rake isn't heavy enough to comfortably balance the machine with a full bucket while loading into a truck,things could get scary quickly,so I added a couple of rear wheel weights to mine and it works real well.

As far as 110 stories I can tell you this,I bought mine before any dealer in the country had one,I didn't demo one,see one up close,or even have all the details on it,I use it commercialy and have about 160 hours on it and feel that even though it is a tad smaller than an L48 it is the best compact TLB out there.If you have any specific questions about it,fire away,me or anyone else that has one will surely help you out.

Hope this helped....Chris ....

JD 110 TLB

View my Photos
nighthawk

2003-03-18          51423

Chris;

Thanks for the reply. I thought that the 110 was really a 4610 underneith the yellow skin, albeit with a heavier front axle. The ass end, certainly looks like it. I am glad the the fuel filler is outside. I had some trouble shifting ranges, but someone told me that hydros, all share this quirk and one only has to move the machine a little bit. It's simply that nothing is turning in the gear part of the tranny while sitting still. Can you comment? Also, I had a problem bouncing off the seat going up a steep and rocky hill. The operator presence system would stop the m/c, loosing forward momentum when one needed it the most. The first thing I would do, would be to install a bypass switch for the seat.

I can't remember if you said that you have the 4 in 1 bucket. We are in rocky country here and the rocks/stones are a real killer of equipment and a bain to the lanscape enthusiast. The rodk rake does a nice job windrowing them, but I still have not figured out a way to pick them up, except by hand with a bedding fork. One could chase them around all day long with a FEL. Do you think it would be a fantasy to use the 4 in 1 bucket? Push them with the bucket open, dozer style, then close the bucket?

I tried a stone fork. It's not too bad on a skid steer where you can see what's happening. But n/g on a FEL and also quickly gets full of vegetation and clay.

Maybe a stone type bucket on the back-hoe. What do you think?

I am also wondering how much snow you can push with the 110. Our 6200 is quite a chunk of a tractor, and even with filled, and quite aggressive ag tires, one has little directional control with an 8' blade on the loader with any sort of an angle.

What do you use for a blade?

Thanks

Tom

JD 110 TLB

View my Photos
Poptart

2003-03-19          51476

Tom,
Last March I attended the construction expo in Las Vegas,it just happened that Deere was "introducing "the 110 at the expo.I was fortunate enough to speak with the engineer who headed the 110 project,I spoke with him for some time and he told me about the only thing the 110 and 4600 share is the floormat.The shifting ranges thing is just a matter of getting the feel for,at first it is a little tricky but once you get the hang of taking the pressure off the tranny it shifts just fine,I have also heard all hydros do this.Ahhh,the bouncing on the seat thing,I disconnected my seat switch the first five minutes I had the machine,while the salesman watched.The switch is easy to jump,it's located on the back of the seat,just unplug it,and insert two flat blade connectors with a short piece of wire to make the loop,problem solved,although your idea of a switch is a good one too,the wire can be pulled out in a second and the switch plugged back in,I'm not sure why the switch is so sensitive,but I am sure you can chalk one up for the lawyers there.

I do have the 4n1 bucket,and it is THE way to pick up the tailings from raking,open the bucket,push into a pile,curl down so the inside edge of the bucket comes down in front of the pile,drag it back just a bit,then close the bucket,it works real wel if you put the loader in the float position.This is also a very nice feature on the 110,the ability to work the 4n1 bucket from the joystick,the L48 requires the use of both hands because it has 2 levers.

The 110 will PUSH alot of snow straight ahead,but if you want to angle it you have to be ready to possibly be thrown off course,if you litake some pressure off the blade it works pretty well though.I mosly keep mine straight,I mainly used it to push piles of snow that a truck would push to me,that gave me the ability to push a large pile of snow,and stack it at the same time.

The blade I use is a Fisher plow that I mounted a skid steer plate to,I shortened the A frame on the plow about 6",welded a 5/8 plate to the skid steer plate,welded the A frame to that,then gusseted everything with 5/8 plate.I also welded side plates to the ends of the plow so I could "carry" more material.I went this route because I had the plow and the skid steer plate,but I didn't have the 3 grand the dealer wanted for a snow pusher.Hope this helps! ....

JD 110 TLB

View my Photos
KeithH

2003-03-26          51912

Hey Poptart, I see you are from CT. I'm renting the JD 110 next weekend to dig up some stumps and clean out the rocks (boulders) and it's the first time I've operated heavy machinery. You know the rock situation in CT, can the 100 handle large rocks? Anything else I should be careful of? ....

JD 110 TLB

View my Photos
Poptart

2003-03-27          52009

Keith,
I imagine you are also from CT,where are you renting the 110 from?You will really enjoy running it,the HST transmission is very user friendly,and the hydraulics are silky smooth so you should have no trouble getting the hang of it after a while,if you're runnin' the hoe alot you'll really appreciate the "creep to reposition" feature,this is the best idea anyone ever had on a tlb.As far as rocks go,I use mine commercially and have dug up some fairly large ones,as big as the loader bucket,then loaded them into my truck,I was pretty impressed with it.Enjoy your time with it,it'll go by fast! ....

JD 110 TLB

View my Photos
nighthawk

2003-03-28          52068

Chris;

Thanks for all the good news about the 110. I'm glad that the machine seems to be as good as my first impressions. As it turns out, my father and I had a misunderstanding. He owns the 6200 and I own the 770. It was my understanding that both were to be traded in, and with a little extra moola, the 110 was to be purchased. Everything was set to go, and the misunderstanding was revealed, much to my disappointment. So, I have to fugure out a way to swing this deal. For the time being, I can only dream. Having heard such good feed back, makes it seem like a dream worth pursuing. I am just a bit annoyed, because I really would like to simplify my life, and have fewer machines to look after. Toys are great, but toys with engines need oil changes and all that stuff. I did exhaustive research to determine if the 110 would perform most of my tasks. Your input adds favorably to my findings.

Thanks

Tom ....

JD 110 TLB

View my Photos
Kevinj

2003-03-28          52079

HAS ANY BODY RENTED A JD 110 IF HOW MUCH ....

JD 110 TLB

View my Photos
KeithH

2003-04-01          52363

Hey Poptart,

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm renting it from Chatfield Power in Southbury. This is my first time renting a tractor like this, what do you mean by 'creep to reposition'? I no doubt will have fun with this! ....

JD 110 TLB

View my Photos
KeithH

2003-04-01          52364

Kevin,
I am renting one next week (Southbury,CT). It is $295/day or $900/wk plus $75 for pick up and delivery. If the gas tank isn't full when you take it back it's an extra $25. ....

JD 110 TLB

View my Photos
jonlapl

2003-04-07          52752

I brought my 110 home today I am trying to find a BELLY PAN for this tractor. Can anybody point me in the right direction. My salesmen from the dealer is not too willing to look for one. He's cashed the check and I get the feeling that that doing a little leg work is something hes not going to do.But if I do find a manufacturer could i let him know.(LOL) I dont think so! Thanks Jon ....

JD 110 TLB

View my Photos
Poptart

2003-04-07          52757

Jon,
I meant to mention this,the belly pan is a must have!.Not to cool your dealer isn't willing to do a bit of research.The belly pan is not made by JD but is available from them:John Deere referral kit LVS100541.If this gets you nowhere with your dealer, the manufacturer of the belly pan is; G.R Manufacturing Inc. office # 800-841-8001 or 205-655-8001.Hope this helps,and hey,congrats on the new machine,hope you enjoy it as much as I do. ....

JD 110 TLB

View my Photos
nighthawk

2003-04-08          52784

Re: Tractor Rough Service Protection Plan

Manufactured by:

G.R. Manuf. Inc.
4800 Commerce Drive
Trussville, Alabama 35173
Phone 800-841-8001
Fax 205-655-8005

Hope this helps

Tom ....

JD 110 TLB

View my Photos
nighthawk

2003-04-08          52785

My Dealer printed off, possibly a hundred or so pages of neat information on the 110 for me. It is full of aftermarket equipment and various important and interesting information. I consider it a must-have for information junkies like me. The document starts with the number C27-100-1, whatever that means.

Tom ....

JD 110 TLB

View my Photos
jonlapl

2003-04-08          52789

Thanks for the info guys.I love the machine,am becoming more discusted with my dealer daily. I called G.R. Manuf. this morning and was told they will only sell to dealers. So I called my dealer and and spoke with the purchasing person and explained what I was looking for. He was the first one to say let me make some calls and see what I can find. After I felt he was willing to do a little leg work for me I fed him the info I got from this board along with the referral kit #. I waited all day,no reply. I called back and got " deere wants to see what they can find on there end before I go after market". This tells me they want to put a deere sticker on it and ad 40%. Let me tell you, if it wasnt for the fact that this machine fits my needs perfectly I would NEVER buy a Deere! Dealing with these guys is like talking with a Snap-On dealer (overpriced merchandise with an attitude). ....

JD 110 TLB

View my Photos
lamarbur

2003-04-08          52791

I've got to ask you,, are you dealing with Scmidt equipment? where in Mass do you live? ....

JD 110 TLB

View my Photos
jonlapl

2003-04-08          52796

No Its not,you have similar dealings with them? I will relinquish the dealer after I get my citificate of origin. I don't want this thing to get misplaced. Thats another issue. They looked at me like I had 3 heads when I asked for one...Im in north central Mass Jon ....

JD 110 TLB

View my Photos
Poptart

2003-04-09          52871

Jon,
Believe me,I hear where you're coming from.It really sounds like your dealer is extremely misinformed or just isn't willing to do the leg work.I got my 110 as soon as one was available last year and the dealer had no trouble locating and supplying the skid plate or the stabilizer gaurds that G.R. makes.I know it would suck,but try calling a different dealer and see where it gets you,I'm all for being loyal to my dealer but if they aren't willin' to keep you happy as their customer then by all means,punch out,and go elsewhere.By the way,the skid plate should run you about $400 and the stabilizer gaurds about $120,and they are both simple to install.I actually think they offer the skid plate as an option on the Deere web site...unreal! ....

JD 110 TLB

View my Photos
jonlapl

2003-04-09          52885

I talked with the who I think is the purchasing manager again today. He's waiting for a call back from deere on this. This guy is good to deal with. He told me the gaurd from G.R is $425 + 150 shipping. I asked him if he could get me some specs on what this thing looks like before i lay down $600. I dont want to buy a piece of 1/4" flat plate that I can fab myself in an hour or two. But if its a well built piece then I will buy it. I gave Him the deere referal # that was posted and he cant find a refrence to it anywere. Could you give me the name of your dealer so I could talk to someone there. If you dont want to post it you can email it to me. My address is in my profile. Thank for all the help!! ....

JD 110 TLB

View my Photos
jonlapl

2003-12-15          71270

Has Anybody had any problems with the Hydraulic pumps On the 110 TLB .I think I Just lost one today.I never liked the sound of the pump from the the day I picked the Machine up. The pump was loud but I thought I read that it was a common with the machine. 450 hrs.... ....

JD 110 TLB

View my Photos
Poptart

2003-12-15          71280

Jon,
Did or does your machine whine(like a really high pitched noise that starts loud and slowly goes away) when you first start it? Mine did, and it went in for some warrantee work and the service guy said that the whineing is the hydraulic pumps cavatating, or in terms you and I can understand, starving for fluid. They said there was a fix for it, so they took care of it and it has been great ever since. What makes you think your pump blew up? I hope it did not for your sake. Let me know what happens.

JD 110 TLB

View my Photos
jonlapl

2003-12-16          71293

I have no Hydro pressure to the to the loader or the valves operating the rear impliments. I drained the fluid and checked the suction screen on the rear of the trans and found steel fragments all over the screen. I have had an occasional lag in the backhoe notified the dealer and he thought it was because it was due for a 400 hr trans service...Yes the pump had a high pitched whine from the day I picked the tractor up. Only my noise didnt go away with use, it stayed pretty constant. ....

JD 110 TLB

View my Photos
Art White

2003-12-16          71310

Sounds like it is time for a new pump. Good thing it is still under warrantee. ....

JD 110 TLB

View my Photos
Poptart

2003-12-16          71402

Jon,
Apparently my "trail" membership here is over so I can't read all of your post. The only reason I visited this site a year ago was to see if anyone else had a 110 and thats it. So I don't feel I should have to pay for this site when I can go to a free site and chat about equipment for nuttin'! Hope all works out with your machine if you have any other questions feel free to E-mail me directly.

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login