Go Bottom Go Bottom

Primary clutch bushings

View my Photos
nevadawill
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2018-10-24          198071

I have a 2003 gas 6x4 gator. The primary clutch wasn't fully disengaging causing chatering and grinding and I suspected I had a broken sping in the non fixed sheave. I pulled the clutch and took it apart and indeed the spring was broken.
The spring is readily available but there is what appears to be a metal and fabric bushing in the sheave half (the side that carries the spyder) that was a little torn up. I haven't been able to find a part number or even a picture of it in exploded views of the clutch. Any of you have 1) any idea how to remove it and 2) where to get a suitable replacement bushing? Thanks.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Primary clutch bushings

View my Photos
Trainpilot

2018-10-25          198072

I may have a spare spring for the primary--I just rebuilt my spider rollers using bushings I bought through Mcmaster-Carr. As I think more about it, it does seem like parts for those are a bit hard to find. JD used to sell the roller bushings. Now you have to buy a whole spider assy. If the moveable sheave doesn't flop around too much I'd be tempted to run with existing bushing. It seems like the spider and the plastic slides do a pretty good job stabilizing it when assembled. ....

Primary clutch bushings

View my Photos
scarylarry

2020-06-07          199338

Heya, I know this is a really OOOLd thread but still doesn't quite help. My bushings (rollers)are galded flat on a side and allow the rod to OVERTHROW into the fully inguaged position. I NEED to replace the rollers. I've noticed that Razer and arctic cat and others sell roller kits . How close are these to fitting with modifications. And maby more info on the drill bushings yu used may be helpful also. sankz ....

Primary clutch bushings

View my Photos
scarylarry

2020-06-07          199339

OK got my own answer. I ordered both #'s from McMaster-Carr (looks like a great co.) 8491a728 or 6381k458. I think the later will be better. But cost 5 times what the other does . All 6 came to 65 before tax and ship. ....

Primary clutch bushings

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2020-06-07          199340

Glad you resolved it. ....

Primary clutch bushings

View my Photos
Trainpilot

2020-06-08          199345

I hope the bushings work for you. McMaster-Carr is an amazing resource. If you need tamper-proof, metric, pan head allen screws, they'll have them in your choice of about 20 lengths and five different materials. In my business, I couldn't do without them. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login