Go Bottom Go Bottom

gator differential lock

View my Photos
Trainpilot
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2018-06-08          197799

Hi all,

I am bidding on a couple of Turf TX Gators that I am not able to inspect beforehand. They are 4x2 and my question is: do they have a differential lock? They are gas engined, and have brakes on the front wheels, and look to have some kind of suspension on the rear, unlike our 6x4 diesel. If they do have diff locks, they would work fine on our property. If not they might be marginal for our hillside vineyards. It will all come down to other bidders, but if I can get them reasonably, I might roll the dice on condition. The contact there said they are still used regularly, but was unsure of whether or not they have a diff lock. Any info would be appreciated.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

gator differential lock

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2018-08-06          197913

No doubt by now the sale is over and I can not say yes or no but if they have decent pictures think they have a lever at the f and r lever between if between the seats on that model for locking the diff. ....

gator differential lock

View my Photos
Trainpilot
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2018-08-06          197914

Thanks. These Turf Gators do not have the same trans as the others. They are based more on golf car tech. 13hp air-cooled Kawasaki engines with starter/generators activated by stepping on the gas pedal in forward or reverse. 4-wheel disc brakes, 4-wheel suspension. I have tried them on our toughest terrain and they climb just fine without locking diffs. A lot of our work involves starting and stopping and the way they are set up saves time and fiddling with other controls. The shifter between the seats is similar, but there does not seem to be any provision on the transmission for locking. They go just fast enough for us and they are nice to drive. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login