Go Bottom Go Bottom

Blowing fuse on Start

View my Photos
Ralph221
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2014-01-18          188701

Have a 2006 HPX diesel that intermittently blows the 30 amp fuse when the ignition key is turned to start mode. The fuel delivery and starter solenoids are both on this circuit. I do not understand why the fuel solenoid has a three wire lead. I am sure it has something to do with the run cycle and start cycle, but not sure how they relate to one another. the starter solenoid draws only 5 amps. I cant imagine the fuel start circuit drawing more than that. When it does not blow fuses it starts just fine! If I by pass the ignition start circuit, turn the key to "run" I can start the gator every time and run it all day! Any help is deeply appreciated.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Blowing fuse on Start

View my Photos
gatoraider
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2014-01-19          188702

The fuel shut off solenoid has 3 wires, black is ground, the other 2 are pull voltage for the solenoid ( white ) and hold voltage ( red ) after it has been pulled. The hold voltage comes on when the key is in the run position and the pull voltage is there in the start position. If both stay hot all the time it can cause problems with the solenoid. I would unplug the solenoid and check to make sure voltages are there when the ignition is in the right position. Red wire hot only in the run position, white only in the start position. Problem could be start relay, ignition switch, solenoid itself or ??? I don't think your starter solenoid is bad. ....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login