Go Bottom Go Bottom

Snapping noise in front and rear ends

View my Photos
wervey
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-05-30          154078

I have a JD 620i that I have had back to the dealer four times to try to find the snapping noise in the front and rear end. Granted the help there can't be that good because they tell me to pick it up and the noise is so bad it is embarrasing to drive, they get a sheepish look on their face and drag it back to the shop. It sounds like bearings piling up or CV joints going out. When I tell them this I just get the boy are you dumb look. It started at 20 hrs and now it is really bad, I can't seem to get any closure on the problem. It is back in the shop again as I write. They don't deny the noise but nobody seems qualified to find it and fix it any one hear of this problem before? A friend of mine bought one the same day and he has 35 hrs on his and it is starting to do the same thing.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-05-30          154080

There are two known issues with them.

First, the carrier bearing under the floor board binds up with the drive shaft and secondly, the gear backlash in the front differential is not set properly from the factory sometimes.

Have the dealer check both.

Biggest problem with all of these things seems to be that 2 or 4 wd doesn't change that the whole front end is still turning, add in a bit of wear and some dirt or debris and noise is a sure bet.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
jppdad

2008-06-15          154638

Mine has 12 hours and has done something like that from the begining, I have tried to find where it comes from, but if it is built in they won't be able to fix it ....

View my Photos
wervey

2008-06-16          154647

The shop just called me on Friday and told me it was ready to go and that they had put a new rear end in it and the problem was gone. I went in to pick it up and took it for a test drive and it never made fify feet before it started again. The noise was gone in the back but still persists BAD in the front end. Still nothing solved as of today. Shop foreman was pretty speachless when I took him for a ride, he was contacting JD rep again today. ....

View my Photos
GLM620i

2008-08-24          156278

Hello everyone,

I purchased an XUV and upon first use it seemed to have a grinding noise or vibration. The unit also jumped as you first started to accelerate. Forward or reverse. It didn't matter. The vibration increased upon acceleration. So to prove I wasn't crazy, we took it back to the dealer and drove it side by side to a new one. Big difference. The dealer completely agreed. Findings indicated a bad clutch and the dealer replaced it. I picked the unit up and used it at the farm. After 1 hour use now sitting at 17.3 total hours it started the SNAPPING noise or loud clunks. Sounds like a bad u joint right under the drivers seat. It doesn't matter if its in 4wd or 2wd and it most prevelent at 5mph or greater. The unit just went in on friday 8/22 and I will be interested to see what they find. This is my first John Deere and we are in the process of buying a 5525 but I did put that on hold. I was given the impression by others the JD brand was superior to others so I didn't shop any other XUV types. Everything you read online the XUV is a fine machine, an improvement over the HPX. The machine drive train just doesn't feel solid as one would expect from a 11k machine. I will post after we pick it up next week. After 17 hrs it could be going back if they don't get it right. I am not happy with JD at the momment...

George ....

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-08-25          156294

Uh, 11,000? Thats a RTV with hydraulic dump and power steering. ....

View my Photos
hardwood

2008-08-25          156297

Art, don't want to appear too dense but what does RTV stand for? Our 620i has been a big improvement over the HPX especially in ride quality, easy starting with the fuel injected engine. It's got somewhere around 200 hrs. and only problem has been a parking brake latch malfunction that I fixed myself. Only thing I can think of might be a bad U joint in the front wheel driveline or possibly some grass or something wrapped aroubnd the driveline slapping on something. Frank. ....

View my Photos
auerbach

2008-08-25          156303

That the mechanics couldn't diagnose and fix such a problem, well, I sympathise. That they tell the owner to pick it up, apparently hoping that will be the end of it, I don't sympathise. And that they fail to report the problem to the technical people at head office, people who should have the answer, and need this kind of feedback from the field in order inform both their dealers and engineers, that puts me off a manufacturer I had always held in the highest esteem. ....

View my Photos
wervey

2008-08-26          156311

Hi George:
After 8 times into the shop and two new axles,4 new CV joints and numerous bolts tightned, My Gator was still so bad it was embarassing to drive in public with the snapping noise. John Deere had my Gator more than I did for a whole year with no sucess. At the end two weeks ago they were getting pissy with me for keeping bringing it in because they had bigger things to work on like combines, so I finally fixed the problem and traded the damn thing in for a Bobcat 2200. Good luck with your snapping because JD dosnt have a clue how to fix it and you will have to live with it. My 2 cents worth is it is a poorly designed machine. The final thing they will tell you is just keep driving it until something breaks then we will know what to replace. I was very dissappointed with JD for not stepping up to the plate and taking them back and giving the guys who are having the problem a replacement. We bought two at the same time and they both do the same thing. Now two Bobcats are in their parking spots. Sure would like to hear from some JD reps on this board to try and convince us were not all crazy. Everyone who has this problem is treated like they are the only one it is happening to in the thousands of units they sell. They should read up on the internet about their own products and they can see there are many like this out there. I had to show my own salesman what others have said about it on the net before he even believed me there was a problem. Thanks TP for giving us this site to find out that other people experiance the same thing with our units.
Ralph ....

View my Photos
GLM620i

2008-08-27          156345

Hello everyone,

Just a quick update... The dealer has reviewed the gator, agreed there is a problem or issue but no resolution as of yet.... They did confirm or was of the opinion the noise is coming from the drive train. I will follow up later..

Ralph, thanks for the input. Its strange you purchased the 2200 as that was the first unit we looked at. We didn't look at it hard because at first glance we wanted a complete cameo unit or at least at not aluminum colors.. The red logo had to stay so I didn't look further. The Deere was purchased that afternoon. If they do not fix our gator and I am losing confidence daily, I will push for a refund, not a replacement at this point. I spoke with another dealer today in Moscow Mills, Missouri and he stated that JD has over 100,000 gators in the field and this was a first he has heard of it. They have sold over 200 XUV units out of their location and this was a first. After his comments I am almost wondering if our cases, might be unique in some way. They have a bunch in the field. Just note sure at this point. I need a unit for the holiday weekend so I will press for a demo or my units. Thanks again for posting, it really has helped.

George ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2008-08-27          156351

GLM, if another dealer who sells a good number of these has honestly never heard of the issue, ask about dealer prep. There may be something your dealership is missing in prep that is the problem. kt ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2008-08-27          156362

Frank...RTV is Kubota's answer to the Gator.

I test drove a brand new Gator about 4 years ago. It made the same loud snapping noises described here.

I was not impressed and moved on to something else. ....

View my Photos
hardwood

2008-08-28          156368

I have no doubt that you guys have a problem with your Gators, but I've asked around to fiends who have them and no body has heard of such a problem here. The friends are farmers like me so their Gators like mine don't lead an easy life, they earn their keep. Just to satisfy my curiosity I took mine out on the hiway so I could hear better, drove it in high range, low range, 4 wheel, two wheel, frontwards, backward, no noise. I really hope you get to the root of the problem, but no way would I let go of the Gator if I couldn't get another one.
Frank. ....

View my Photos
GLM620i

2008-09-04          156497

Hello Folks,

Well here is an update.... John Deere still has the gator. First of all Murf hit the nail on the head, THANKS MURF, John Deere just put out a tech bulletin as to the adjustment of the gear backlash in the front differential. They adjusted it per the bulletin. Secondly, they replaced the front drive shift. No real explanation why or reason. At this point, they are not sure if it still makes to noise and ask for us to come in to review. Considering it is 2 hrs from home, I asked them just to have the tech decide before we made the trip. Now they are saying they can't hear anything anymore... We will soon find out on Saturday after 2 weeks without the machine. As I asked questions, they JD service department really didn't reassure me as they stated they have not worked on many. We will pick it up and test it saturday, if it is not fixed I can assure you it will be going back as a trade in.

Personally, I feel the issue lies specifically with the XUV model only. The older gators and the HPX models have had great quality results, hence the reason we purchased the latest version XUV. Narrowing down, the main difference between the HPX and the XUV is the independent suspension. The drive train must have changed?? Just my take...

Just a note, we have a friend that spent years buying, fixing up and selling used gators. He swears by them as he states they are rock solid machines... Our plan was to purchase a polaris until the redesigned gator showed up.

To HARDWOOD:

Could you please identify what "Gator" machine you have. Please confirm if it is an HPX or XUV model and which engine, gas 620i or diesel 850d.

Regards,

George ....

View my Photos
hardwood

2008-09-04          156498

George, XUV-620i ....

View my Photos
GLM620i

2008-09-07          156526

Hello everyone,

Well the JD service department phoned last Friday to come pick up the XUV as they thought they solved the issue. We drove the unit in the parking lot and everything seemed fine. I asked what the resolution was and they stated they did not have to replace the drive shift but only adjust the backlash. As communicated before JD did release a tech bulletin to the dealers about a backlash issue from the factory. After about 2 hours of use the random clunk sound returned but the snapping or rattling is still gone. We will continue to use the unit and see if anything returns. We just don't have a good or quality feel about the unit anymore. I will update as use hrs progress.... ....

View my Photos
jdkid4890

2008-11-23          158085

murf you are right. an adjustment is the most common problem. i have tryed everthing that john deere has asked me to do and found that the adjustment bolt needs just a hafe turn to fix the noise. and why it sound that there is a noise in the rear is that the sounds gets transfered to that transfer case. i hope that this problem does not rear its ugly face any more. if you still have questions just ask away. ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2008-11-24          158106

Kid: With all your multiple posts lately, you seem to know how to fix a lot of things; so how about fixing your keyboard's shift key so that the "i" works? This isn't junior high texting :) . And how about using spell check too--what the h--- is a "hafe"? ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2008-11-24          158110

jdkid, thanks for posting your solution. Don't mind EW, he must have found his cheerios box empty this morning but he's really a pretty good guy. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2008-11-24          158111

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwschumm | view 158110
jdkid, thanks for posting your solution. Don't mind EW, he must have found his cheerios box empty this morning but he's really a pretty good guy.

Kid, please feel honored. I know he loves me and he gives me a fit. Think it all goes back to he never got the sunscreen he wanted for his tractor. If I were as good as ole EW was at finding stuff here would link to the picture of what was suggested for his use. To me it looked like Mexican lace. It would have looked real cute on a tractor. ;-)

EW, "hafe" you were on the coast long nuff u ott to know that is the part of youren brain tied behind yours back.

Seriously Jeff, what would we do without you? Don't forget to show up, counting a one big white northern turkey. Will have smoker ready. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2008-11-24          158112

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthwrks | view 158106
Kid: With all your multiple posts lately, you seem to know how to fix a lot of things; so how about fixing your keyboard's shift key so that the "i" works? This isn't junior high texting :) . And how about using spell check too--what the h--- is a "hafe"?

EW, as smart as you are can not believe you missed the obvious here...what is his user name? Think.

"jdkid" right? he is very honest there and you should expect such from a child who is still green.

One day he may mature into "orangeman". Think "blueman" is already taken.

I trust that did not offend either jdkid or EW. It was too good to passs up. :)

View my Photos
kthompson

2008-11-25          158137

Well since neither made any comment guess they either were so offended they could not or they miss it.

Wait, they could still be rolling on the floor. ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2008-11-26          158144

Is there no shame? Maybe I'm wrong but should not there be a sense of properness or correctness when writing something that is there for all the world to see? After all, isn't it a reflection of ourselves and dare I say it...our education or lack of (sorry Kenny I had to say it :) hahaha---got ya!!) ? I heard a pastor say, "You can be stupid. But don't open your mouth and prove it."

To take it one step further: if using improper grammar and english becomes more acceptable, is not the next step backward ebonics? Then grunts and chest-beating?

Ugg. Ugg.

But I am just saying.

Kenny are you still "having" me for dinner? And what you have heard is true: I do have good "taste". I'm the other, other white meat. tehehehe Gobble you later! ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2008-11-26          158147

Ole EW, just quoting part of your comments: "if there no shame?" very little, I still claim you.

As to your real question or comment, I agree we should always seek to do our best. Yet not making excuse for anyone else my eyes don't pick up some fonts as they use to and it seems easy to misread some very simple words for me. Could be my brain as been away from the factory long enough it needs a rebuild but not from rust but work. At same time it is very good we are not all good at the same thing. So let me nominate you as the keeper of Grammer at TP! :) See you turkey. Have a great Thanksgiven. Take a few minutes and really realize how you have been blessed. We each one need to. kt ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2008-11-26          158151

It would be great if everyone could construct proper sentences with perfect spelling and punctuation but many people for various reasons don't have that skill. If posters can fix cars, tractors, hydraulic systems, etc. and have advice to offer we need their contributions here. It has been a little slow around here lately and often questions go unanswered.

That said, the abbreviated abominations that "texting" has created are destroying the language! ....

View my Photos
Murf

2008-11-26          158155

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthwrks | view 158144
Is there no shame? Maybe I'm wrong but should not there be a sense of properness or correctness when writing something that is there for all the world to see? After all, isn't it a reflection of ourselves and dare I say it...our education or lack of (sorry Kenny I had to say it :)

Jeff, it's a real chuckle for us who live in a place where "English" is spoken to read even the 'proper' spelling.

Bear in mind, after the US war of independence, the government of the day set about to re-write the english (little 'e') language to correct what they saw as 'problems' with it. Mostly it was a rebellion against the 'high language' used by the aristocrats who were primarily all loyal to Britain.

That is how you ended up with so many 'missing' letters in words.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2008-11-26          158161

Murf: Is Canada still a US suburb? LOL That's what we used chide Canadian engineers coming over here to work.
I know what you mean about "proper" english--I have run into a few black Trinidadians/Nigerian nationals who speak better than we (us?) because they were schooled in the UK. Of course they call it the King's english. But taking that one step further, if memory serves, the King's english isn't pure in and of itself either since it is a culmination of several languages up to that day having its roots in the translation of the Bible.

KW: I understand your point about fixing things. However, can you really make a blanket statement that that is true? In other words, would you trust someone who doesn't have a firm grasp on the english language to repair something when they can't read and understand a service manual or a torque wrench?

Anecdote: When I was a technical automotive writer, in our draft copies we used to make up torque specs that were not provided to us by the engineers that went something like: Tighten until it breaks then back off 1/4" turn. The joke was we were getting paid very well to publish stuff no one reads.

I have worked with some pretty smart guys who are not formally educated, myself included (not the smart part) who at a certain point are beyond their scope of skill or education level that should not overstep that boundary for whatever reason.

Kenny, you're being very quiet. How come? You have only one nerve left and I'm standing on it? ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2008-11-26          158162

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthwrks | view 158161
KW: I understand your point about fixing things. However, can you really make a blanket statement that that is true? In other words, would you trust someone who doesn't have a firm grasp on the english language to repair something when they can't read and understand a service manual or a torque wrench?

Well my friend you trust them to cook your food more than you know, they are from Mexico, Central American and South America. At same time you trust them to build your machines. Maybe not preferred but yes I have trusted them.

As to being quite, looking for the turkey, think I have him found! :)

View my Photos
kthompson

2008-11-26          158163

Where are you my little snow covered grammer checker? Come on out little EW.

Jump on the Thread about cold starting problems on the gentleman from GB about his English. Bet you Yank can get him straight. :) :) :)

You know, EW there is not one who I rather listen to then a good Scotch as he speaks his (is it English), at times even wish I could understand him. (there is one I talk to right often with my work. About every third word I catch. he might as well be from Michigan I tell you.)

OK, you guys that talk funny and can not spell words as many different ways as I can, don't whip up on me. ....

View my Photos
Murf

2008-11-26          158166

I still stay in touch with, and visit with, my distant relatives in Ireland.

I've spent many happy hours 'translating' their 'english' into English for people who can't make out a single word they're saying. LOL

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2008-11-26          158169

(shaking my head in disbelief as my stance is only more REINFORCED) Kenny, it's "quiet" not "quite".

Murf and Kenny: When I was down yonder, I was in sign shop when in walks a local who was also a Pakistani hotel owner. Now, here in the hinterland some of my customers are Pakistani/Indian and Arabic so I'm used to understanding their tongue quite (or in Kenny-speak: quiet) well. Keep in mind we were where redneckdom was born---this guy starts talking in thick a Pakistani dialect with a slow, redneck drawl---I about ROGLMAO! ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2008-11-26          158173

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthwrks | view 158161
[QUOTE=earthwrks;158161]KW: I understand your point about fixing things. However, can you really make a blanket statement that that is true? In other words, would you trust someone who doesn't have a firm grasp on the english language to repair something when they can't read and understand a service manual or a torque wrench?
[/QUOTE]

EW, I don't trust much that I read on the internet or hear on the news if it doesn't pass the smell test :) But plenty of guys that don't have your technical writing background, or maybe even a high school diploma, have spent their lives working on and around equipment.

If someone starts talking about the fetzer valve or muffler bearing you can pretty much tell their full of crap. When their words make at least a little sense then they are often worth considering.

Dueling anecdote time :) A close relative of mine can't spell worth beans, but he reads fine, his grammar is OK, and he has an intuitive knowledge of mechanical systems. He has a mechanical engineering degree, graduated near the top of his class, and works on some of the most advanced battlefield logistics systems in the world. He knows his spelling is bad, and nowadays always uses a spell checker, but sometimes the wrong word, correctly spelled, slips into his writing. You know how English is. ....

View my Photos
Murf

2008-11-27          158176

Ken, it's funny you mention that. Just this morning I had to go into town to take my gal for a dental appointment after she dropped her car (truck?) off to get some work done on it.

She pointed out a truck with a big sign on the side of it and laughingly said she was very glad we hadn't taken her ride to that place to be fixed. Beneath the name of the business the sign read "Specializing in all kinds of general repairs.".

I wondered aloud if that was different somehow from doing general specialized repairs?

Jeff, many years back I was in Finland on vacation and took a taxi from the airport to the hotel. The driver looked like he belonged on a beach in Jamaica, right down to the dreadlocks in his hair and the big multi-coloured knitted toque they wear. He had to be 6'+ tall and well built. The "Jamaican" image disappeared when he opened his mouth!! He had been corn and raised in Finland and spoke with absolutely no detectable accent. Talk about confusing!! It was like watching one of those badly dubbed Japanese movies. The words and the picture just did NOT match at all!!

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2008-11-27          158182

Yeah, I've had some black collegues who very proper when around folk like me. But you get two of the them together and WOW! it's like being in the 'hood!

KW, your engineer-friend's poor spelling: to what do you attribute him getting a higher education? I mean how does one get around course studies without being called-out on it and have to take remedial courses?

I worked as a designer and engineer for many years and befriended many an educated engineer---some of whom couldn't spell well. One day one of my "friends" who himself was a student asked me where my certificate was (on my office wall). Befuddled, I asked what he meant. Up until this time I had been helping him on his thesis and gave input on workaday problems as we worked in the same department. I told him I didn't go to school. Maaaan he was so angry! He spun around on one foot, left, and never asked for my input again. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2008-11-27          158189

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthwrks | view 158182
KW, your engineer-friend's poor spelling: to what do you attribute him getting a higher education? I mean how does one get around course studies without being called-out on it and have to take remedial courses?

Well, math equations don't require much in the way of spelling and grammar :) How hard is it to spell a+b=c?

View my Photos
GLM620i

2008-11-28          158207

Hello all,

To the board getting back to the original discussion, did anyone with the issue ever get resolution??? Here is my resolve. The unit went back to John Deere service 2 times and on the 2 try the eliminated the vibration and most of the clunking sounds. The unit still rattles and the drive train has a slight clunk only in certain conditions. Not under load. The unit still lunges at first acceleration but is better than first recieved. If I had to do it all over again I WOULD NOT, I repeat, WOULD NOT, purchase this unit again nor would I recommend it to anyone. The dealer offered to trade it in on something else or another unit but as used unit with 17 hrs on it... Thanks but why should I loose money.... Just to satisfy my curiousity I went and drove a POLARIS Ranger XP because it got similar reviews. The POLARIS drive train clunked and rattled more than the JD Gator so I stuck with the GATOR. I have spent hours working the rattles out. First big rattle was the bed cover. I removed the bed cover and reinstalled it using rubber padded strips on the bed edge and bed surface before reinstalling. It worked perfect. The other was the front hood. Simmilar application of stripping took care of it. The others underneath I just can't find... I can live with them at this point.... For what the unit cost you would have thought it would have been better engineered... Not JD quality that is expected.... Please post if anyone has found out about other issues. ....

View my Photos
jdkid4890

2008-12-01          158272

EW.... What can i say? I'm sorry but i do not type as fast as i think. just to let you know i have my master tech. degree from JOHN DEERE!!! thanks it took some time to get and I'm 22, I maybe a kid to some of you. all that i have tried to do is help you all with questions. but if a few miss spelled words is a big problem then its your problem and i can't help you with that!!! and to the rest of you thanks for the support!! ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2008-12-02          158287

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwschumm | view 158173
[QUOTE=kwschumm;158173] If someone starts talking about the fetzer valve or muffler bearing you can pretty much tell ;-)their full of crap................

but sometimes the wrong word, correctly spelled, slips into his writing. You know how English is. [/QUOTE]

Good example KW........ Like putting "their" in place of "they're".

This could go on forever............ ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2008-12-02          158288

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRankin | view 158287
Good example KW........ Like putting "their" in place of "they're".This could go on forever............

I was wondering if anyone would notice :)

View my Photos
kthompson

2008-12-02          158295

It might be easy to be offended and sadly I will admit my spelling is not the best. Neither sadly is my eyesight. Glasses on the screen is fuzzy and off the print is small. Also my fingers don't listen to my brain to hit the correct keys more than I wish. Then on top of that ispell check does not work for me at TP as it does some other sites (understand it will with Yahoo or Googles tool bar which I don't care for). Then it does not do grammer check anyhow.

What does all this mean, hey it's me man. Lumps and all. :-)

22 year old, boy that is a child just a baby. Why in about 3 years you will be old enough to hold a girl's hand. :)

I have learned from my now 5 year old grandson. Last week he was riding on tractor with me and said, Grandaddy,if you drive faster you will get home faster. Very serious, we can learn a lot for a child of any and all ages, even ole Jeff. So teach your help is appreicated a bunch or is that a lot? kt

I almost went to copy this to Word for spell check and thought what? Naw ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2008-12-02          158296

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwschumm | view 158173
Dueling anecdote time :) A close relative of mine can't spell worth beans, but he reads fine, his grammar is OK, and he has an intuitive knowledge of mechanical systems. He has a mechanical engineering degree, graduated near the top of his class, and works on some of the most advanced battlefield logistics systems in the world. He knows his spelling is bad, and nowadays always uses a spell checker, but sometimes the wrong word, correctly spelled, slips into his writing. You know how English is.

I am very much like him, most don't realize we normally read a sentence then we write each word. Think that is why reading often works well and writing does not. A while back saw a test that almost each word was mispelled with I think the first and last letter being correct but those between out of order. The funny thing per the test was most people could read the meaning of the message and some would never pick up the words were not spelled correctly. kt

View my Photos
earthwrks

2008-12-02          158299

Kenny I'm glad you didn't bring up SPEAKING like you write---'cause remember, I have listened to you talk! And boys, this guy can talk and talk...

Whoa-man! And I thought the Lou'siana "gator-boys" tolk funny! o-ooo--we! ....

View my Photos
wervey

2008-12-04          158364

So...I see my little question sorta got sidetracked with English and spelling lessons but thats ok cuz I can't spell or read to good anyway. Did ANYONE ever get any satisfactionn from their JD dealer on their problems or are you all still taking it in the shorts with excuses and a clunking snapping Gator still in your backyard?? Just wondering if I was the only guy out there with one and it sounds like not. My JD dealer still won't wave to me on the road so looks like I am not in his good graces for getting rid of the clunker and getting a Bobcat 2200. FYI, I really like it so far except the seat is a little hard other than that I give it two thumbs up so far. I have 55 hrs on it and no strange noises and lots of power with great visibility. I wish I would have bought it with a cab but that is hindsight. Thanks for all your help TP and I wish the guys who are still getting the smokescreen best of luck... Wervey ....

View my Photos
GLM620i

2008-12-04          158367

Wervey,

I did reply as to our status... Please check up a few post... Still not very happy...

GLM ....

View my Photos
gatoraider

2008-12-05          158384

I have an XUV with 70 hours that had a background noise, not a grinding, not a snapping, just sounded like the rear screen rattling. When I put the cab on for winter the sound was still there so it wasn't the screen. I put it on the lift and found the front yoke on the drive shaft was dry and a little loose on the splined shaft of the front housing. I greased it and the rear one also, tried it out and it was much better. I drove it around a day or so, on the lift again, more grease and now noise is gone. Something to look at, there never was any grease in the front fitting from day one. ....

View my Photos
hardwood

2008-12-05          158387

Gatoraider; The spline shaft zerk you speak of I grease about every day if we're using tne Gator to pick up rocks or doing anything when the fields are dusty. I've never had a problem with it or any of the other problems that have been mentioned here but the old theroy of "Grease is free compared to parts" kicks in for me whenever a lubed componet of any kind is exposed to excess dust ot water. I know I've said this here before, but I've owned every series Gator they ever built except the tricycle electric models and have never had a bad one yet, I wouldn't trade my XUV for a boatload of anything else. Frank. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login