Go Bottom Go Bottom

John Deere 1030 MFWD

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-12-26          72305

Today I finally stopped and took a closer look at this old John Deere tractor that has been for sale on the side of the road at this old tractor rehab. place. It has been setting there for at least 2 or 3 years and each time I drove by it I thought what a neat looking tractor but did not have the time to stop and look. I have tried searching the web for information on this tractor model but could not find any. Do any of you old time John Deere buffs out there have any info. on these tractors? It has a 3 cylinder John Deere diesel. I was expecting to see a Yanmar but the tractor was evidently much older than I expected. It appears that all the sheetmetal and gauges have been replaced and it has a quickie John Deere green paint job slapped on top of already peeling paint. I checked the data/serial # plate and it said made in Germany. As best I could tell; it resembled the old 1010 and 2010's but had 4WD. What do you figure it might be worth. I was having some wild and senseless thoughts about a possible restoration project if the price was right. It was in rough shape.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

John Deere 1030 MFWD

View my Photos
plots1
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-12-26          72308

Restore project.........Chief you must be gettin board. don't worry winter won't last that long and you'll be back on the 4410 doing some sort of projects. LOL ....

John Deere 1030 MFWD

View my Photos
wbowhunt

2003-12-26          72311

Chief, The description is vague for the tractor you are looking at,
Hope this helps cure your winter boredom
Lanz & J. Deere: Tractor with future

John Deere and Lanz present the new types 300 - 500
Many tractor-interested looked beginning of the 60's strained to Mannheim. The two firms of world-wide reputation John Deere and Lanz had united and presented their first common tractor constructions: JOHN DEERE LANZ types 300 (28 HP) and 500 (36 HP).
Look at Picture # 6 and see if it looks similar

I'll see what else I can find

John Deere 1030 MFWD

View my Photos
wbowhunt

2003-12-26          72325

Hey Chief, check out the link below. There are alot of different photo's of Lanz and JD tractors. ....

Link:   Lanz / JD pictures

John Deere 1030 MFWD

View my Photos
jdgreen
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-12-26          72326

The 1030 was never sold new in the U.S. The U.S. versions were 820, 830, and 1530. They were still built in Germany. I think the engine and transmission parts should be interchangeable, but sheet metal and lighting may not match. The U.S. versions were good, dependable tractors. It should make an interesting project. ....

John Deere 1030 MFWD

View my Photos
Chief

2003-12-26          72328

Sorry wbowhunt, maybe I missed something on the link you posted but I didn't see any 1030's. ....

John Deere 1030 MFWD

View my Photos
Chief

2003-12-26          72329

This is a picture of the tractor I looked at only the tractor I looked at was 4WD and did not have the cab or dual rear wheels. ....

Link:   John Deere 1030

John Deere 1030 MFWD

View my Photos
Chief

2003-12-26          72330

Here is a much closer example only no cab and this is a 2030. ....

Link:   John Deere 2030 MFWD

John Deere 1030 MFWD

View my Photos
wbowhunt

2003-12-27          72387

Sorry Chief, I mis understood. I thought you said it looked like a 1030 but with 4wd. I did not think it was a 1030, but a similar version and I thought maybe being it was Germany that it may have been one of the JD/Lanz tractors. ....

John Deere 1030 MFWD

View my Photos
Chief

2003-12-27          72388

wbowhunt, Ahhh! Das macht nichts! ;-) I appreciate the help in anycase. ....

John Deere 1030 MFWD

View my Photos
jdgreen
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-12-27          72389

Sorry Chief,I stand corrected. The picture you posted of the 1030 more closely resembles a 2040 in U.S version. You mentioned a Yanmar engine in your first post, but these models used only Deere's own engines. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login