Go Bottom Go Bottom

Agracat 254

View my Photos
kalpia
Posts: 77 Extreme Western on the beautiful St. Croix River, WI
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-06-14          88515

Hi to all,

You've helped in the past so I'm back for more. My Agra 2290 has diesel fuel coming (leaking) froma same plastic covered "nipple" right on the side of the "injector", middle front and from the top of what looks like a threaded "breather". Any thoughts? kalpia_hotmail.com

The tractor runs great and I just leveled off 34 truck loads of sand with the FEL but this leak has my concerned. I have pics if I'm unclear as to what/where. Thanks to all in advance. If it can't be solved here I'm really worried!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Agracat 254

View my Photos
chipuren

2004-06-14          88520

Pics might help? Not sure but guessing you are talking about the injector pump on the side of the engine, there is a fitting with a plastic cover that is the oil drain, the breather, if it at the top rear of the pump, is the oil fill. If you are getting diesel out of here, you may have a problem with the inj. pump? but I am way out on a limb because I'm not sure these are the parts you are describing. You might be able to change the oil in the Inj pump and see how long before it gets diluted/overfull with diesel. I don't know your warranty situation on that tractor or any Agricat because of the bankruptcy.

Generally, It is less costly to replace the whole pump than have it rebuilt here in the states. but I wouldn't replace it till it totally failed, just change the oil often. (it is only a few onces).

Then again, this may not have anything to do with your problem. ....

Agracat 254

View my Photos
kalpia

2004-06-15          88551

My nephew is a diesel mech. & I'll have him look at it. Do you think the injector would be available from Northern Tool if needed? Any dealers have these in stock and know cost?

I'll email you the pic with the area's labeled but I think you could be right. It looks like it could be a breather.

Any other thoughts are appreciated and I'll keep you aware of what I find. ....

Agracat 254

View my Photos
chipuren

2004-06-15          88554

we have the pump in stock, if that is what you need. Send me an email and I will give you a qoute if you like.
Thanks
Chip
my email is in my profile, or sales "at" artrac.com ....

Agracat 254

View my Photos
kalpia

2004-06-16          88695

Thanks Chip, I'm going to spend a little time with it tomorrow. I'll probably have my nephew look at it also when I get back from a little biz trip.

I'll email a pic tonight so you have a better idea of what I'm saying. ....

Agracat 254

View my Photos
papamac

2004-06-27          89437

Hope you don't mind me asking a question>

I have a 20 horse agracat. Used it a couple weeks ago and it ran great. Went out to start it to move it off a trailer and it took a long time to start. Then it began to race past the 3000 rpm mark. I turned off the key and pulled the cutoff. It then wouldn't start. Found out the cut off was stuck, really stuck. Took off the back of the injector housing and tapped on the cut off rod with a screw driver handle to get it to move. It started but again it raced, pulled the cut off and it slowed to 2200 rpm. talked with a mech, he said I needed a new injector assembly. Got it and did my best to find top dead center on the motor. Had it running for a few seconds. Now I get no fuel into the primary(top) injector assembly so no fuel to the cylinders. Please help if you can.
Doug ....

Agracat 254

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-06-27          89474

You might have gotten more attention had you started your own topic, but maybe I can fix this with with one reply.

I'd say you simply need to (re)prime the fuel system. There's a hand pump attached to the fuel/injection pump assembly, you can identify it as a round flat knob about the size of a quarter - with a spring compressed below it. Unscrew it to the left, and it will pop up.

Remove and fill the fuel filter with clean diesel. Screw the filter back on, but don't tighten all the way down. Use the hand pump. First you'll see bubbles come out, as fresh fuel displaces the air. As soon as raw fuel pumps out, tighten down the filter.

Move to the metal injector lines on top of the pump. Loosen each about a half turn, and repeat the process you just performed on the filter. After tightening them, proceed to the top end of the metal injection lines. Repeat the process. Open the compression release, turn over the engine with the key, close the compression release.

As not all cylinders may "catch" at the same time, you may need to "feather" the throttle till they all start firing. This will be obvious to you by the increase in engine rpm.

Once the engine is started, go back and check for leaks. And don't forget to screw the hand primer back down.

//greg// ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login